The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

The Italian Mafia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Italian Mafia

This is a place to post about both of our Minecraft Classic, and Beta Servers!

Donations are no longer accepted, due to the current server status.
The classic server "The Italian Mafia" is discontinued. The maps are being transferred to Dramaslim, to host within the server Qube Foundry. The rules in regard to this will be made public soon. The site will undergo some changes to accommodate for the changes being made. I would suggest going to Qube Foundry for your classic server fix, and sticking with The Italian Mafia for an alternate game(s) that will be announced later. - Silus

+10
silus2008
cheesebeatsbydre
Naturespeedbumpp
mitchell2753
WEareMARSHALL
Seitzy
khaosjoker909
Doddy
markorply
Chef
14 posters

I have an idea. I need everyone to help...

Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Stars : 5031

I have an idea. I need everyone to help... Empty I have an idea. I need everyone to help...

Post  Chef Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:12 am

So, as i'm sure all of you have figured by now that the server is not up lately. This honestly is hard for me to admit, because I do enjoy the server and the community i've created since the first time I started up the server back in 2009. I do like to consider some of you as friends, and don't want you guys going to some other 15 year olds server. So this is what I propose...

I have half of another computer laying around...

Motherboard
    Chassis
    ODD (Disc Drive)
    PSU (Power supply)
    RAM
    Misc Case Fans
    Aftermarket Heatsink

Things I'm missing...

CPU (Processor, or the "heart") - Phenom II X4 $124.99
    GPU - From $50 to $100
    HDD (Hard drive) - From $50 - $80

Total - 224 to 284

Now the last thing I'm going to do is ask for cash. But my goal is to obtain the above 3 things to put the server on, just for you guys. This PC isn't going to have a monitor attached to it, i'm going to leave it on 23/7, and control it via my other pc using a remote control client. Any donations made to my effort are GREATLY appreciated. I'm going to be out of town for 3 weeks in December, and therefore will not have an income. My goal is to achieve this before December 15th. If all you can contribute is moral support, or even just a dollar, every little bit helps and will motivate me to complete this goal. This community is the only reason i'm even considering this, otherwise those spare parts are going to remain spare parts.

Q: Why do you need a gpu if you're going to control the machine remotely?
    A: I need it to set up windows 7, install drivers, the server, and misc things.
    markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5022

I have an idea. I need everyone to help... Empty Re: I have an idea. I need everyone to help...

Post  markorply Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:52 am

cant you sell parts and buy a cheap machine until we reach the money
    Doddy
    Doddy
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 13376119

I have an idea. I need everyone to help... Empty Re: I have an idea. I need everyone to help...

Post  Doddy Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:55 am

I was going to be donating anyway, i'll pay half of that which is what I intended on giving anyway ;p
    i'll rip open my old pc and see if there is anything worth posting ;/
    khaosjoker909
    New to the Family

Stars : 4585

Post  khaosjoker909 Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:17 pm

i'll see if i can get some money to donate. im flat broke. but i'll try. we...i simply cannot just sit here while the best server ive ever been on go's down. and more importantly its not really about the server its the people on the server. i think of most all of you as some of the best friends i have. and losing this server means losing most all of you :/
    Seitzy
    New to the Family

Stars : 4616

Post  Seitzy Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:02 pm

i haz moneys
    WEareMARSHALL
    WEareMARSHALL

Stars : 4555

Post  WEareMARSHALL Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:49 pm

well I just got back but I'd be willing to throw in 10 or so
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:46 pm

I didn't expect this many replies. I do appreciate everyone's support.
    mitchell2753
    mitchell2753
    Grunt

Stars : 4777

Post  mitchell2753 Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:14 am

Ill try my best to Donate im also flat broke but this server is fucking worth it.... Damn it im not letting you down chef
    Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    i will never let this server down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if i must sell my own ps3 so be it
    (^_^) i will help you guys
    Naturespeedbumpp
    Naturespeedbumpp
    New to the Family

Stars : 4677

Post  Naturespeedbumpp Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:02 pm

ughhhh ya see heres the thing... i dnt have a paypal xD but if u give me ur adress id be willing to send a donation over the mail... if thts safe...
    cheesebeatsbydre
    cheesebeatsbydre
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4703

Post  cheesebeatsbydre Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:26 pm

...i'm literally dead broke... i hate to be useless, but... SO sorry I can't help money-wise, tell me if there's anything else i can do!
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 6164

Post  silus2008 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:47 pm

similar scenario to cheese, have no assets on me and only have loaned money, nor any way to make online payments. I do have a $15 futureshop gift card which I believe can be used at bestbuy.
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:50 pm

markorply wrote:cant you sell parts and buy a cheap machine until we reach the money

The parts I have left over would not generate enough revenue to buy a cheap machine. Besides, the machine you get at bestbuy for $800 you can build yourself for $600.
    drfreecan
    drfreecan

Stars : 4620

Post  drfreecan Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:38 am

i might have donated, but this 1000 dollar computer left me broke as sarah jesica parkers face.
    i might pick up a second Gig as a guitarist to pick some money up tho, try to donate that and shiz
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5006

Post  Dramaslims Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:22 pm

Good luck with that.
    Naturespeedbumpp
    Naturespeedbumpp
    New to the Family

Post  Naturespeedbumpp Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:19 pm

drfreecan thts a great idea im gonna do tht to...
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Freecan youre supposed to be a mod, if you can't follow the rules you're supposed to enforce ill remove you from the forums.
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:00 am

Am I missing something? What did he do?
    cheesebeatsbydre
    cheesebeatsbydre
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4703

Post  cheesebeatsbydre Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:25 am

Dramaslims wrote:Am I missing something? What did he do?

he used inappropriate language, and was setting a bad example by doing so
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Oh ok I see
    mitchell2753
    mitchell2753
    Grunt

Stars : 4777

Post  mitchell2753 Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:32 am

nothing nothing at all...chef plz delete this one

Last edited by mitchell2753 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:02 pm

What???
    markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5022

Post  markorply Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:26 pm

chef,is there any way u can post how much has been actually been donated? i am rlly hoping to see the serv back
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:13 pm

markorply wrote:chef,is there any way u can post how much has been actually been donated? i am rlly hoping to see the serv back

Nothing has been donated so far.
    trolol123
    New to the Family

Stars : 4536

Post  trolol123 Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:38 pm

I may be able to Donate since youtube has strated paying me for some of my vids. Ill see how much money I can donate.
    Naturespeedbumpp
    Naturespeedbumpp
    New to the Family

Post  Naturespeedbumpp Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:03 pm

that is very nice of you but im assuming no one know who u r Wink btw tell me ur uube acc ill sub

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content