The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!
The Italian Mafia

This is a place to post about both of our Minecraft Classic, and Beta Servers!

Donations are no longer accepted, due to the current server status.
The classic server "The Italian Mafia" is discontinued. The maps are being transferred to Dramaslim, to host within the server Qube Foundry. The rules in regard to this will be made public soon. The site will undergo some changes to accommodate for the changes being made. I would suggest going to Qube Foundry for your classic server fix, and sticking with The Italian Mafia for an alternate game(s) that will be announced later. - Silus

Shutting down.

Poll

Do you want the server up?

[ 7 ]
    54% [54%] 
    [ 1 ]
    8% [8%] 
    [ 5 ]
    38% [38%] 

Total Votes: 13
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Stars : 3099

Shutting down.

Post  Chef on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:36 pm

I've talked with the other owners and we've all come to the conclusion that the classic server is not really worth hosting anymore. It's not really what it used to be and is always empty. What we may end up doing is finding another game we can all agree upon that i'll either host, or that we'll create a group for in an effort to keep the community in touch and what not. When we find the game(s) the forums will likely reflect that. They will be less minecrafty and more of a general forum for the separate groups.

Please make suggestions on games below!
    So far Silus2008 Suggests: Guild Wars 2

Personal note,

This is relatively hard for me to admit because I quite enjoyed hosting. I enjoyed the old community that we used to have and all of the weird friends I made in the progress. Although even I have to admit that the server is dead, even the other owners don't like playing on it anymore. When the owner of a server doesn't play on his/her own server there is an obvious problem there lol.

Helpful links:
    Want to donate?
    Server status.
    Rules
    Google
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 4231

Re: Shutting down.

Post  silus2008 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:10 pm

If anyone knows any classic server owners that are trustable, and the community would be comfortable with, give me, doddy, or chef a heads up.

Stars : 2813

Post  SpooXter on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:16 pm

If there's gonna be a new game to choose the only one i can think of that can accommodate all of our community is terraria. we need a massive online co-op game server if we want the community to stay at least partly the same.. I think... Any better ideas cuz I know mine sucks????

Admin

Post  silus2008 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:25 pm

I am okay with terraria

New to the Family

Stars : 2763

re: Shutting down.

Post  Oceanpaw on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:55 pm

hmm...i'd have to think of this...i do love the classic server but shiz happens. (yes i mean shiz not something else...) anywho, i would suggest...*thinks for a few hours...* *thinks: man i wish OoT would have multiplayer and speacial shiz for it...* *thinks more...* umm, maybe *fails on thinking of a game* we should stay with minecraft...i know a god server owner but...i don't think i'd be comfy with him on...so this comment is a waste. Razz Razz
    cheesebeatsbydre
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 2771

Post  cheesebeatsbydre on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:21 pm

...CoD MW3? anyone?
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Post  silus2008 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:42 pm

I am not that big a fan of mw3. However if anyone is you should totally play with cheese. By the way can you guys post your steam ID's please?

Grunt

Stars : 2845

Post  mitchell2753 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:50 am

SO it looks like TIM is dead... And i just became op... dammit..anyways I suggest Assassins creed brotherhood multiplayer or PlayStation home or something. because there are only so many multiplayer games out there and to b frank i havnt got the money to buy mw3 or cod but...Minecraft is were i am comfortable and i have these friends from since idk last year august...when i joined i thought this was gonna be on here till i die. Well... Time to say goodbye.

Addio amico mio. Ho sempre apprezzato l'atmosfera di questo server, ma la sua sembra e alla fine.
    E con questo. Dico addio mafia italiana. Lei non sarà mai dimenticato.
    Michelangelo.

Translation:

Farewell my friend. I have always enjoyed the great atmosphere of this server but its seems to and end.
    And with that. I say goodbye Italian Mafia. You will never be forgotten.
    Michael Angelo.
    WEareMARSHALL

Stars : 2623

Post  WEareMARSHALL on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Well this definitely isn't the best of news. I know I've been, erm, tardy, for the past couple months or so, but I still would hate to see the server shut down. The only other games I ever really play are MW3 or Battlefield 3, so if you have ps3, add me: WE_ARE_MARSHALI_ (Last L is an uppercase i and an underscore). If not, well this may be goodbye. Where ever you all go after this, keep the spirit of TIM strong. Live long and prosper :P
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 2881

Post  Coppermazov on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:31 pm

I know halotrial is free, but its also horrible, and may not work at all. I only suggest it as I used to play it, and I didn't want there to be too few useless suggestions. I suppose you could all buy beta, unless that server is dieing as well. I'll be checking on Silus2008's suggestion of another classic server, though I doubt I'll find another that isn't staffed by self important imbeciles. I'm glad to say that even the most chaotic staff here seemed quite adequate, in my opinion. Even our griefers were polite, they took criticism on building ideas with the utmost politeness. (not joking about staff)
    Naturespeedbumpp
    New to the Family

Stars : 2745

Post  Naturespeedbumpp on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:39 pm

Ok so um I like what Cheese wwas sayin about mw3..... alot... But theres one problem...I'm an Xbox 360 kinda guy sooooo if anyone wants to play with me on that.......Gamertags anyone? I'm chizDAboss21
    cheesebeatsbydre
    Operator
    Operator

Post  cheesebeatsbydre on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Naturespeedbumpp wrote:Ok so um I like what Cheese wwas sayin about mw3..... alot... But theres one problem...I'm an Xbox 360 kinda guy sooooo if anyone wants to play with me on that.......Gamertags anyone? I'm chizDAboss21

yeah boyyyyy!!! mine is miniman1013
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 3074

Post  Dramaslims on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Hmm.... this isn't good. Well if it's the server and not the game that's the issue should we consider moving to another server?

‎"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:39 pm

Dramaslims wrote:Hmm.... this isn't good. Well if it's the server and not the game that's the issue should we consider moving to another server?

The server is the issue in this situation. It's always empty, and even our mods are leaving. Only way the server will stay up is if the votes increase. Otherwise it's not worth hosting anymore. Not only that but it will need a complete new staff. Silus, D0ddy and I are going to be absent for 90% of the time. Not to mention markorply who spends the latter part of his day playing TF2.

Helpful links:
    Want to donate?
    Server status.
    Rules
    Google
    NoodlesTHEcat
    New to the Family

Stars : 2732

Post  NoodlesTHEcat on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:51 pm

I dont think its the end of TIM. i wish to keep the server up Wink. till then with no stable internet me and chicken are stuck playing browser games D:<..

But till then i suggest playing a sexy little game called transformice where you have to get the cheese into the mousehole.. fun Wink

Buh bye for now TIM, Noodles will be back one day. (trying to find a sense of hope. dont ruin it!)
    Thnkyou Wink
    mitchell2753
    Grunt

Stars : 2845

Post  mitchell2753 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:02 am

Nah you know what.. **** this... I love tim...i am almost always online and i wont give up for nothing...i cant just walk away
    No way in hell is my friends gonna be serverless... I vote Keep it ONLINE... Drama would make a great assisstant owner.... and mark and noodles and the otheer guys...as you may have heard Nodgfx has left.. ecause he says classic sucls balls but... Beta is fun however i love TIM and i wont see it die for no-one so Being yo op here (TOT) Crying face :/ i will have TEH GREATEST SERVER EVER ONLINE!
    NoodlesTHEcat
    New to the Family

Stars : 2732

Post  NoodlesTHEcat on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:15 am

i aggreee with mitchell ^-^.. all the server needs is a bit of fixing. a new start i suppose and more strict staff, ill be happy to help.. plz im sure others dont wanna see this server shutdown, and i cant handle going to aeries its not even close compared to the italian mafia.
    i vote yes ofc. once the servers up for a while like 1-2 weeks im hoping that things will go back to normal with new builders, staff and new building standards. more cracking down on easy ranking and new staff monitored regulary by higher op+. its a great system and was my first server its to hard to let it go.

(all you need is a little hope and magic Very Happy)
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 2881

Post  Coppermazov on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:14 pm

If it stays up I'll strive to be helpful, if it doesn't then I don't think I'll bother playing. I'm not trying to sound morose. On another note, I found some TIM videos on youtube, but only by using google search, normal youtube search yields no results, even if you look for it. I do really believe that this server is superior to all I've encountered by leaps and bounds, and I think that if it were to be "advertised" more to those trying to find a comparatively good classic server that things would do a bit better, though maybe not enough to do a difference. If its unquestionably dead then I suppose this is a waste of space.
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 3090

Post  markorply on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:13 pm

i love TIM and tbh i dont love minecraft i can almost go to whichever game the tim chooses,if thats what will happen
    ChickenBut4000
    New to the Family

Stars : 2666

Post  ChickenBut4000 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:23 pm

NoodlesTHEcat wrote:I dont think its the end of TIM. i wish to keep the server up Wink. till then with no stable internet me and chicken are stuck playing browser games D:<..

But till then i suggest playing a sexy little game called transformice where you have to get the cheese into the mousehole.. fun Wink

Buh bye for now TIM, Noodles will be back one day. (trying to find a sense of hope. dont ruin it!)
    Thnkyou Wink

I really dont want to leave this server.its my very first and best.As noodles said we can only play little internet games and have no xbox live Sad.Anyway transformice is a good game and is pretty fun Wink.I dont want this server shutting down and im sure most ppl dont either.this is a great server and i hope it comes back up.BYE TIM.
    (plus i want to finish mah build XD)

quasimario
    New to the Family

Stars : 2579

Post  quasimario on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:07 pm

I really want the server to remain up, and in worst case scenario, we only do Survival. I enjoy freebuilding and the community, and tbh, I don't want to pay for a $40-$60 game. I say we keep up the server.

Also, League of Legends?
    cheesebeatsbydre
    Operator
    Operator

Post  cheesebeatsbydre on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:39 am

ChickenBut4000 wrote:
    ...its my very first and best....

hehe, that's what she said.

quasimario wrote:
    Also, League of Legends?

YES. YES. ABSOLUTELY YES.
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Post  silus2008 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 am

I will tag along for league of legends, but we should still keep the ideas for a new game rolling. Chef doesn't like League of Legends, so I am open to more ideas but will join you guys in LoL.

Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Me+LoL= Nty

Me+Gmod= Never played, will try.

Me+Bf3=yes

Helpful links:
    Want to donate?
    Server status.
    Rules
    Google
    Oceanpaw
    New to the Family

Stars : 2763

re: Shutting down

Post  Oceanpaw on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Ocean wants teh classic up. 'til then i'm playing OoT on ma new 3DS...i beat OoT in like five days and within those days i played about 75 hours on OoT...(OoT=Ocarina of Time) anywho i still have to do more stuffz on the game.

*going back to my first reply*

yea if the server stays up, me staying on for YEARS...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:50 pm