The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

The Italian Mafia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Italian Mafia

This is a place to post about both of our Minecraft Classic, and Beta Servers!

Donations are no longer accepted, due to the current server status.
The classic server "The Italian Mafia" is discontinued. The maps are being transferred to Dramaslim, to host within the server Qube Foundry. The rules in regard to this will be made public soon. The site will undergo some changes to accommodate for the changes being made. I would suggest going to Qube Foundry for your classic server fix, and sticking with The Italian Mafia for an alternate game(s) that will be announced later. - Silus

+13
khaosjoker909
silus2008
c3za
markorply
Why7
SpooXter
Oceanpaw
quasimario
Dramaslims
Coppermazov
Naturespeedbumpp
Doddy
Chef
17 posters

Changes/Updates

Poll

Was this helpful?

[ 8 ]
    Changes/Updates 0bthk80%Changes/Updates I_vote_rcap [80%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Changes/Updates 0bthk0%Changes/Updates I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Changes/Updates 0bthk20%Changes/Updates I_vote_rcap [20%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Stars : 5053

Changes/Updates Empty Changes/Updates

Post  Chef Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:44 am

The poll I created had more votes for keeping the server up then not.

Things are going to change..

What's changing for our guests:

Titles: Titles are received once you are promoted and said title will reflect your rank. Only donators have the option of having a custom title.

Builds: If your build is not somewhat visually appealing you will not get promoted. End of story. As you progress through the ranks and you hone your skills your builds will need to get progressively more detailed and more visually appealing in order to obtain a promotions.

Personal Maps: There is no more "Maptrial", it's too much of a hassle to try to keep up on. Once someone hits the designer rank they will get a map with their name on it using the default dimensions 256x128x256 - 512x512x512.

What's changing for admins:

Promoting: Don't promote unless a build actually appeals to you. None of this "I feel bad" crap. Give constructive criticism, and make an effort to teach them different techniques! Anyone found easily promoting will be stripped of their moderating capabilities permanently."Can I get a promotion?" You: "No." Them: "Please?" You: *No response* OR "Here is how you can add more detail..

Moderating the mods: Higher ranks are responsible for those under them. Managers+ are responsible for making sure people aren't promoting easily, and behaving childishly. If you're a mod, you represent TIM, if you represent TIM, you represent me. Do not act like an ass in global chat by arguing with guests or the latter. Try to be professional!

Less staff: This is still something i'm considering.

Banning: I've always noticed the banning problem on TIM, you guys (including myself) go nuts with the /xban command. This is no longer acceptable. I would appreciate if you would take the time to actually give someone the benefit of the doubt. Do not ban unless you have proof of at least one of the following:

A) They have removed or added more than 10 blocks across a single map. (Ie. Oh this guy only removed 1 block, but i'm going to ban him anyway hehehe *trollface*)

B)They have caused substantial damage. (Obviously)

C)If you catch them doing something wrong.

If I find that you are not following "proper procedure" for banning somebody, and you're just banning to ban. I'll be more than happy to strip you of moderating capabilities permanently. Smile

The Demotion of Staff: Once you've screwed up and have been removed as a staff member there isn't going to be anymore "Create a demotion appeal." It's permanent. If the admins were to promote you again it would make us look like fools in the eyes of everyone else.

Admin Inactivity: If an admin is demoted to the 'inactive_admin' rank then he or she must make a post verifying that they've read the rules and changes/updates thread, once this had been done they will NOT be promoted back to their original rank, instead they will be made a promoter. If inactive more than once, a possible permanent demotion will be discussed.

What's changing for the server:

1. Possible lobby change.

Server updates will be listed below.

1/13/2012: Updated automated messages, cleaned up the admin ranks, and started clearing levels. -Chef-

1/14/2012: Server was updated to McForge 5.4.0.4 See changelog in spoiler.
    Spoiler:
    -Chef-

Last edited by Chef on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Doddy
    Doddy
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 13376141

Changes/Updates Empty Re: Changes/Updates

Post  Doddy Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:46 am

If you need any help, yeayeayea.
    Those new physics cmds look scary, 'TNT War Games'.
    Naturespeedbumpp
    Naturespeedbumpp
    New to the Family

Stars : 4699

Post  Naturespeedbumpp Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Doddy wrote:If you need any help, yeayeayea.
    Those new physics cmds look scary, 'TNT War Games'.
    Lololololololololololololol i'm excited!
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4835

Post  Coppermazov Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Are the ban guidelines in addition to the Freebuild5 rules, or are we going easier on tunnels and swastikas, just kicking and undoing actions, or something of that sort?
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Coppermazov wrote:Are the ban guidelines in addition to the Freebuild5 rules, or are we going easier on tunnels and swastikas, just kicking and undoing actions, or something of that sort?

In addition to. If you are not sure if someone is griefing, an /undo is acceptable.
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5028

Post  Dramaslims Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Hmmm. Sounds familiar.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:49 pm

I had to read that twice. Do all designers automatically get their own maps, or am I misreading that? I think quite a few designers don't have maps at this point. I was going to ask what had to be done by a designer to get a map now, but if its automatic that wouldn't matter I guess.
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Coppermazov wrote:I had to read that twice. Do all designers automatically get their own maps, or am I misreading that? I think quite a few designers don't have maps at this point. I was going to ask what had to be done by a designer to get a map now, but if its automatic that wouldn't matter I guess.

It's automatic.

Dramaslims wrote:Hmmm. Sounds familiar.

What does?
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:08 am

Chef wrote:
    Dramaslims wrote:Hmmm. Sounds familiar.

What does?

Well the titles with the ranks, calling the main "Lobby" now, and the personal maps at designer.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:03 am

I have a question about keeping users withing their ranked maps. How important a rule is this? I'm not questioning its existence, but how is it to be enforced? If someone refuses to leave what would the staff do? Is it really worth a kick? That particularly concerns me, because, for example, if staff were to warn a griefer and they refused to listen, there are definite measures you could reasonably take, but in this instance, its as though (to my knowledge) we can only ask nicely, without any (precise and area specific) actions to back up this rule. Though there may be an answer to this that I am missing.

Also, why are "new topics" locked? I hope we haven't been clogging up system or something.
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:53 am

If someone does refuse to leave and they are building in the incorrect map I would suggest kicking them as a warning. Of course talk to them first and explain your concerns but if they do not comply then I don't see why a kick would be out of the question. If you really need to move them without kicking them just summon them to your position.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:13 am

Thank you
    quasimario
    New to the Family

Stars : 4533

Post  quasimario Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Coppermazov wrote:I have a question about keeping users withing their ranked maps. How important a rule is this? I'm not questioning its existence, but how is it to be enforced?

Also, there's commands like /move that can move people from a map to another.
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Chef I would really like to talk to you about something regarding this subject.
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Dramaslims wrote:Chef I would really like to talk to you about something regarding this subject.

Pm Me or send me an email. I'm sitting in your server waiting for you right now.
    Oceanpaw
    Oceanpaw
    New to the Family

Stars : 4717

Changes/Updates Empty re: Changes/Updates

Post  Oceanpaw Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:48 am

you better keep the server up or i will become a psycho!
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:05 pm

I know there is a handbook in process, but I would like to know what the stance is on pixel art. Is it acceptable as a promotable build, and if so what are roughly the standards? Having no concept of how it is made I don't know how to judge its quality.

[responding to below] ok

Last edited by Coppermazov on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Stars : 4769

Post  SpooXter Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:44 pm

As the size of pixel art is usually relatively small with bigger ranks one would need to make more than one pixel art for a promotion. The rest is all based on if you like how it looks and if it seems complex enough to be seen as a build worth a better rank. That is at least all I know about it
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:59 pm

SpooXter wrote:As the size of pixel art is usually relatively small with bigger ranks one would need to make more than one pixel art for a promotion. The rest is all based on if you like how it looks and if it seems complex enough to be seen as a build worth a better rank. That is at least all I know about it

Works
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:54 am

I know that the penalty for general spam is no higher than kick and undo, but is there a degree of spam that is worthy of being treated like grief? If there is a extent of spam that is as bad as grief what would that be? I know that offensive spam is ban worthy, but I don't know about "large scale" spam, such as gratuitous towering or huge piles of random blocks. Also I believe there is an "unwritten" rule against towering and random holes, but I don't know if that is to be strictly enforced or if its only a later addition.
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Stars : 4769

Post  SpooXter Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:08 pm

I would also like to add the question if people that are sorry for their grief and agree to fix it afterwards still need to be banned. My strategy is if an action is bannable and the griefer is gone he gets banned, but if he is still online, then he can be asked why he did what he did. Also when does just a demotion work or does grief never get compensated by a demotion. Until now I have demoted for any apprentice+ who made bannable mistake and didn't fix it and undone his actions afterwards
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Coppermazov wrote:I know that the penalty for general spam is no higher than kick and undo, but is there a degree of spam that is worthy of being treated like grief? If there is a extent of spam that is as bad as grief what would that be? I know that offensive spam is ban worthy, but I don't know about "large scale" spam, such as gratuitous towering or huge piles of random blocks. Also I believe there is an "unwritten" rule against towering and random holes, but I don't know if that is to be strictly enforced or if its only a later addition.

Xundo their actions for block spam, warn them, if they do it again, xund, tempban, if they do it again, xban.

SpooXter wrote:I would also like to add the question if people that are sorry for their grief and agree to fix it afterwards still need to be banned. My strategy is if an action is bannable and the griefer is gone he gets banned, but if he is still online, then he can be asked why he did what he did. Also when does just a demotion work or does grief never get compensated by a demotion. Until now I have demoted for any apprentice+ who made bannable mistake and didn't fix it and undone his actions afterwards

"I would also like to add the question if people that are sorry for their grief and agree to fix it afterwards still need to be banned" No.

"Also when does just a demotion work or does grief never get compensated by a demotion." Depending on the severity, and re-occurrence of grief a demote and undo is fine. If it's severe, and this character is a multiple offender, just ban him/her.
    Why7
    New to the Family

Stars : 4625

Post  Why7 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:13 pm

I wish I could go on the server... Sad
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Changes/Updates Empty Inactive admins on Freebuild5

Post  Coppermazov Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:07 am

I've generally striven to enforce the "segregation" of freebuild5, but I don't know what would be the appropriate response for inactive admins. Technically they're visitors, and have the rank to build there. The problem I have is not clearly knowing the precise reason we don't allow higher ranks there. My initial thought would be that they tend to use more space and so overshoot the visitors in building ability that it is only discouraging to them, and may encourage them to be destructive(the latter I have personally witnessed).

Basicly I'm asking whether there is in fact a significant enough difference in say, a former ceo, than your average guest, to merit another form of treatment, despite both being ranked as visitors. By that I would not be implying special permissive treatment, but there would seem to be a vast difference in circumstance between new members with low rank, and long standing members who now have low rank. But I am only asking how we should treat each in relation to their different states. I apologize for the wordiness.
    markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5044

Post  markorply Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:57 pm

freebuild is reset alot,the higher maps have less people,allowing project builds.also grief is an issue,there will not always be an admin so your build will possible be griefed and it would slow you down because you would have to wait for an admin to come along
    also i only think inactive has visitor perms because its only really to mark that you're a former admin without needing to add it in modnotes(immediatly)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content