The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

The Italian Mafia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Italian Mafia

This is a place to post about both of our Minecraft Classic, and Beta Servers!

Donations are no longer accepted, due to the current server status.
The classic server "The Italian Mafia" is discontinued. The maps are being transferred to Dramaslim, to host within the server Qube Foundry. The rules in regard to this will be made public soon. The site will undergo some changes to accommodate for the changes being made. I would suggest going to Qube Foundry for your classic server fix, and sticking with The Italian Mafia for an alternate game(s) that will be announced later. - Silus

+13
khaosjoker909
silus2008
c3za
markorply
Why7
SpooXter
Oceanpaw
quasimario
Dramaslims
Coppermazov
Naturespeedbumpp
Doddy
Chef
17 posters

Changes/Updates

Poll

Was this helpful?

[ 8 ]
    Changes/Updates - Page 2 0bthk80%Changes/Updates - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [80%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Changes/Updates - Page 2 0bthk0%Changes/Updates - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Changes/Updates - Page 2 0bthk20%Changes/Updates - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [20%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4813

Changes/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Changes/Updates

Post  Coppermazov Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:12 pm

What I meant was inactive-admins, who have been promoted to visitor, building in Freebuild5. Would they be any different from normal guests? The skill level is very disproportionate.
    markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5022

Post  markorply Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:25 pm

if they wish to earn ranks from building put them on apprentice,they are inactive_admin to show sho they are
    ofcourse,they need to show their build like any other visitor
    also nobody gets special treatment
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Stars : 5031

Post  Chef Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Coppermazov wrote:I've generally striven to enforce the "segregation" of freebuild5, but I don't know what would be the appropriate response for inactive admins. Technically they're visitors, and have the rank to build there. The problem I have is not clearly knowing the precise reason we don't allow higher ranks there. My initial thought would be that they tend to use more space and so overshoot the visitors in building ability that it is only discouraging to them, and may encourage them to be destructive(the latter I have personally witnessed).

Basicly I'm asking whether there is in fact a significant enough difference in say, a former ceo, than your average guest, to merit another form of treatment, despite both being ranked as visitors. By that I would not be implying special permissive treatment, but there would seem to be a vast difference in circumstance between new members with low rank, and long standing members who now have low rank. But I am only asking how we should treat each in relation to their different states. I apologize for the wordiness.

1. Segregation of FB5? Where have you been told to do this? I don't see any problem with letting a designer build in FB5, the only restriction being that if they plan to do a project that they have to do it in their respective map.

2. An inactive admin is to be treated the same as a visitor until one of the higher ranks (such as yourself, copper) make the decision to promote them to the promoter rank.

Last edited by Chef on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    c3za
    New to the Family

Stars : 4622

Post  c3za Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:02 am

Ok Well i had to read that and i did Razz
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 6164

Post  silus2008 Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:11 am

I have enforced only allowing visitors + apprentices to build in freebuild5. Mainly due to grief and space concerns.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:37 am

The large rule board on Freebuild5 says "guests and apprentices only" after which it explains /help and /review. It then goes on to set forth the offenses that result in xban. I assumed that the top statement was to be held as basic as the commands review and help, and as vital as the admonitions against grief, swastikas, ect. Though I'll admit that is rather loose defense given the odd disgruntled man on the right side of the board.

I had asked about the matter on the previous page, in which Dramaslims suggested that kicking was a adequate response for those unwilling to leave and go to their respective maps, though I now realize that interpreting this suggestion as a rule was my addition. If I am able to restore these individuals to designer or such (if they deserve to be) then you have completely answered my question.
    khaosjoker909
    New to the Family

Stars : 4585

Changes/Updates - Page 2 Empty i've always followed these moding guidlines xD

Post  khaosjoker909 Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:06 pm

alright chef. i will not disapoint you :p
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Changes/Updates - Page 2 Empty Advertising

Post  Coppermazov Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:38 pm

If a guest were to log on for the sole purpose of advertising, and upon completing their spiel log off, would xban be acceptable? I would think such because they are unlikely to return again, and they have contributed nothing to the server now. I know it may not be a severe enough action to merit the response, but my question is whether there is so much to be lost in banning advertisers that we shouldn't do it just to permanently shut them up. Though I would rather know what is considered the proper response in such extreme cases, than argue around my theorizing.

[below]Thanks

Last edited by Coppermazov on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:42 am

Coppermazov wrote:If a guest were to log on for the sole purpose of advertising, and upon completing their spiel log off, would xban be acceptable? I would think such because they are unlikely to return again, and they have contributed nothing to the server now. I know it may not be a severe enough action to merit the response, but my question is whether there is so much to be lost in banning advertisers that we shouldn't do it just to permanently shut them up. Though I would rather know what is considered the proper response in such extreme cases, than argue around my theorizing.

Xban, I've Xbanned people that I've caught advertising my server in other servers. These guys get the same response.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Changes/Updates - Page 2 Empty Custom Titles

Post  Coppermazov Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:49 pm

"Titles are received once you are promoted and said title will reflect your rank. Only donators have the option of having a custom title."

I know it has already said that this rule isn't defunct, (in yamom1's demotion topic), but it seems to be treated as such. I don't know if it has been enforced at all, and it seems that its attempted application has only resulted in those below promoter having rank reflective titles now, while those above have custom ones, in the latter case being just as it was before. I'm probably wrong for not enforcing it on those beneath my rank, but I think it would be a bit absurd to enforce this only on "lower" (if such a term can even be used) staff, in the name of the "donators only" rule, but not "higher" staff, from that same rule. Don't think I'm pushing for some sort of crackdown here, the rule may just not work, and if it isn't to be enforced, then it doesn't tangibly exist anyway. I apologize if I'm being inconsiderately sharp in my efforts, I intend no contention or offense.
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Post  silus2008 Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Chef probably meant that donator+ may have custom titles and colors however, those below should not.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Thank you, sorry I misinterpreted him.
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Post  silus2008 Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:00 pm

no problem, always feel free to ask questions.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Changes/Updates - Page 2 Empty Obscene Usernames

Post  Coppermazov Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:01 pm

To my understanding if someone logs on with a name like "hitle8888" they would be banned just the same as someone making a swastika, and if we ban for constructing large offensive words we would also do the same for such words being in someone's name, not allowing more in the name which everyone sees than the builds which you have to sometimes search for. But is it practical to treat a person's name the way we treat their builds, with the same punishments?

For example there was an apprentice (now a builder) named "slutty_mexican" toward who I thought an appropriate response, at least, would be to tell the individual to register on a different name, and then ban the name, without banning the ip address. I haven't seen this person but would like to know if my thinking is sound here, and if this is a good way of handling such situations, rather than a unnecessarily harsh method.

thanks for replying

Last edited by Coppermazov on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Post  silus2008 Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:03 pm

It sounds good, A person with a inappropriate name may upset some community members and turn off new visitors.
    Naturespeedbumpp
    Naturespeedbumpp
    New to the Family

Stars : 4677

Post  Naturespeedbumpp Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Now here something you may not know.
    The reason why hitler chose the swastika
    as a Nazism symbol is because Germans
    are descendants from Aryans. The Aryans
    used the swastika as a symbol for good
    fortune and prosperity. Weird huh? Sorry that was a bit off topic. but ya I recentley banned someone for a name like penis king or somthing.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:07 am

[above] The Good fortune thing is new information to me actually. I knew the Jain used it, and not only wouldn't hurt a fly, but consider it a grave sin to do so and wear mouth coverings to prevent it.

Leaving that interesting digression, I have a fairly serious question. I will give an example in Krezzy1. I had demoted him from designer for his build, waiting for a second opinion, and assumed that such was given when he was promoted back. But overall he was uninterested in building anything. I'm not attacking him personally, but the mindset, I could also add Smelly_Indian, slutty_ mexican to a far lesser extent, and TeKcho, if thats spelled right. They didn't beg for ranks, always typed /review, and never horribly broke rules. But any improvements made in work were grudging and they seemed abnormally tortured by the slightest setback. Instead of seeing ranks as taking more and more effort with exponentially increased amounts of time involved, they seemed to think it should go faster and faster, like a success high. Rather than rank to build better, they built to rank better, and if any of them would contradict me or accuse me of slandering their unjustly tainted reputations they are free to it.

What would be the appropriate response to these? I've wanted to tell people to simply level their houses and start over, but that seems a bit unreasonable. Banning narcissists sounds like a good idea, but I'm sure it would be abused and could not suggest it. Are these sort a form of troll or should they be handled more fairly?
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Stars : 4747

Post  SpooXter Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:02 pm

I've seen what Copper means. There are a lot of people like this and what I try to do is to explain them that the ranks in this server are a type of test and that we must see their determination to achieve what they would want (for example a chance to become staff) and that the only way we would be able to notice that genuinely would be to see them develop and always try hard, even when they are not good builders at all.
    When a building really has no place to improve and still does not have the desired detail for a new rank then I guess suggesting to start from scratch is not a bad idea, but as you can't show them how they can improve their old build, I would suggest trying to build along with them and show them how you would make it. The problem here is that sometimes the people you are trying to help don't know how to say no to staff and even if they don't like your idea. So what I usually do is make my modification, then tell them I'm not sure if I like it and then undo it. If they say I should put it back that means they have almost definitely liked it. I hope I helped :3
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:10 pm

I would never have thought of the modification thing. I was seriously considering level it to be the only recourse, so I'm pleased with this new idea.
    Doddy
    Doddy
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 13376119

Post  Doddy Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:19 pm

I've openly modded peoples builds in-front of them to try and make a point. As long as you make sure they complete a task, i.e. add detail to the windows then it is perfectly fine or even a lot better in most cases.

It should be a requirement for staff to teach those who need to learn; by simply asking someone you're achieving nothing.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:50 pm

I was under the impression that I couldn't directly tell them what they needed to build or specifically dictate what is good or bad, but had to lead them into some individual method of their own devising. I didn't support or really agree with such reasoning, but I thought it was what was required. I've didn't want to say "build like me if you want a promotion", believing that was what I would fall into if I started with advice.

Clearly my worry of over advising was misguided and detrimental. I don't understand the second statement exactly, I never claimed the request of information was any sort of action, and would imagine doing so being better than plugging along in my rut.
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:55 pm

Doddy wrote:I've openly modded peoples builds in-front of them to try and make a point. As long as you make sure they complete a task, i.e. add detail to the windows then it is perfectly fine or even a lot better in most cases.

It should be a requirement for staff to teach those who need to learn; by simply asking someone you're achieving nothing.

Yes to this. Copper you're welcome to level their build, and tell them to restart, but only if you're willing to teach them. We need to make it a new rule that any new staff need to be able to teach builders how to better themselves.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Changes/Updates - Page 2 Empty Lying to Staff

Post  Coppermazov Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:33 pm

I think that xbanning any players who try to take credit for a build that isn't theirs seems to be an appropriate response. Even just having it be known that the penalty for trying to lie about it is banning might reduce the number of those inclined to even try. But since xban isn't a light matter, I would like to know if this seems to be a reasonable penalty to everyone else before implementing it, assuming it is to be implemented at all.

Ok, thanks-

Last edited by Coppermazov on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Post  silus2008 Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:44 pm

I have already xbanned designers who took credit for builds they stole in the past.
    andrew594
    New to the Family

Stars : 4397

Changes/Updates - Page 2 Empty HEY GUYS

Post  andrew594 Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:50 pm

do you remember me? used to be ranked pretty high i think ceo or right before here and came back on tonight but no one was on so i found this little spot, hope someone remembers me, silus? chef? remember oceancity? anything? peace dudes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content