The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

The Italian Mafia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Italian Mafia

This is a place to post about both of our Minecraft Classic, and Beta Servers!

Donations are no longer accepted, due to the current server status.
The classic server "The Italian Mafia" is discontinued. The maps are being transferred to Dramaslim, to host within the server Qube Foundry. The rules in regard to this will be made public soon. The site will undergo some changes to accommodate for the changes being made. I would suggest going to Qube Foundry for your classic server fix, and sticking with The Italian Mafia for an alternate game(s) that will be announced later. - Silus

+8
Oceanpaw
quasimario
cheesebeatsbydre
Doddy
Chef
WEareMARSHALL
Coppermazov
SpooXter
12 posters

Ideas for advertising the server

SpooXter
    SpooXter

Stars : 4769

Ideas for advertising the server Empty Ideas for advertising the server

Post  SpooXter Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:38 pm

We obviously need to spread the word about the server around, that is if we really want it to stay. So what I offer you is to post any ideas for helping with that on this topic.

For now we have the idea to make a real DECENT video of our server and the good builds, those by d0ddy chef fixeron noodles copper and others.

It was also mentioned we could post pictures on planet minecraft. They're very easy to make and we can have tons of them.

Sooo all I can say is: keep the ideas coming cuz we need lots.

Edit: I AM GOING TO KEEP ON BUGGING YOU UNTIL WE GET THIS COMPLETED!!! I AM A SLAVE-DRIVER AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE MY POWAHH!!!LOL

Btw I am serious about this ^

Last edited by SpooXter on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4835

Ideas for advertising the server Empty Re: Ideas for advertising the server

Post  Coppermazov Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:22 pm

We could put them on youtube so that anyone who searches about classic will see it, maybe explaining the ranks, rules, and such so that people know what to expect if they come, specifically the positive things they can expect, things that would make them want to stay in the long term. Though I'm not in any position to make a video.
    WEareMARSHALL
    WEareMARSHALL

Stars : 4577

Post  WEareMARSHALL Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:53 pm

If we really want to advertise, and want to use youtube, we need to one of two things imo:

1. We could try sending videos to popular youtube channels that do a top 5 builds of the week (or something similar) for minecraft. Cause lets be honest, unless I'm mistaken and someone has a highly popular youtube channel, we'll only get a couple hundred views tops if we do this on our own.

2. We do post our own videos anyway, but they more or less can't be focused on the server as much as our best builds. Why not the server you may ask? Well think about it, which would you type into youtube, "top minecraft builds", or "dedicated minecraft server with helpful and respectful staff"... If we focus on making videos on some of the builds, I'm sure they could help bring in more traffic.

3. This isn't youtube, but start posting your builds on planet minecraft or the minecraft forums and mention the server with a small blurb about it. That way people might actually come and check out all of our cool builds.

These ideas, while they might not get a huge amount of new members, would at least get us noticed among the general minecraft community, and word of mouth can sometimes be the best advertiser.
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Stars : 5053

Post  Chef Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:03 pm

As long as the videos made are advertisements, clean, and age appropriate i'll be happy to endorse any of them. By saying that, any member of The Italian Mafia is more than welcome to create videos. PM me a link and I'll be happy to drop a comment by the video. I think it's really cool that you guys are willing to do this for a server you don't even host. Smile
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:19 pm

I believe the pictures and the video are a must. For the video I can't think of any other place to put in other than YouTube. We could use a texture pack to make everything look more awesome. I have one ready to be used, modified by myself. We need more sites on which to post the pictures.

Also the pics must all be made by the same person with the same resolution and a watermark has to be put with the server name and others to prevent others from stealing it.

The pictures are easy but we need a person with a good pc and video recording skills. I'm still not sure if my video card will be able to put out 30 fps 720p video but that's our goal for now. The good thing is that mouse smoothing has been added to the WoM client so that will help us look more professional. Also I can edit the texture pack so that the cube we are holding during recording doesn't show up.

I'd really like it if there rules were all kept for the sake of cleanliness and also so that evewrything goes according to plan.
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:31 pm

SpooXter wrote:I believe the pictures and the video are a must. For the video I can't think of any other place to put in other than YouTube. We could use a texture pack to make everything look more awesome. I have one ready to be used, modified by myself. We need more sites on which to post the pictures.

Also the pics must all be made by the same person with the same resolution and a watermark has to be put with the server name and others to prevent others from stealing it.

The pictures are easy but we need a person with a good pc and video recording skills. I'm still not sure if my video card will be able to put out 30 fps 720p video but that's our goal for now. The good thing is that mouse smoothing has been added to the WoM client so that will help us look more professional. Also I can edit the texture pack so that the cube we are holding during recording doesn't show up.

I'd really like it if there rules were all kept for the sake of cleanliness and also so that evewrything goes according to plan.

I'd tape it with my 6850 crossfire but my pc cant connect to the server. The only one that can is the server machine which is far from a 30fps 720p card. Also i think there is a cmd on the client that will hide the cube. Not sure though.
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:51 pm

I've already checked and /client ui off makes everything but the cube disappear. If you mean something else then cool. I think it would help us a lot. Also we should probably ask fixeron and the others if they would allow us to shoot their builds
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:14 pm

SpooXter wrote:I've already checked and /client ui off makes everything but the cube disappear. If you mean something else then cool. I think it would help us a lot. Also we should probably ask fixeron and the others if they would allow us to shoot their builds

I'm 99.9% sure Fixeron will let you. It's just a matter of finding him. As for everyone else I'm not quite sure lol. Now that you mention that, it's absolutely critical that we credit these guys.
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:46 pm

OK I will ask fixeron on the WoM forums... hopefully he is still active there.

People who I believe have good builds:
    D0DDY
    LCBChef18
    NoodlesTHEcat
    Dramaslims
    chickenbut4000
    Coppermazov
    ?Rawwrhh?(no idea lol)

I know there are many more so please post any good builders or maps we could use. Chef I think you would know more so feel free to add them and if we get too many we could make a poll and make some people sad through votes.

We are also gonna need you to agree to have your builds used under the condition that we add your name somewhere, maybe under the building, maybe in the credits at the end, maybe both Razz
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:18 pm

SpooXter wrote:OK I will ask fixeron on the WoM forums... hopefully he is still active there.

People who I believe have good builds:
    D0DDY
    LCBChef18
    NoodlesTHEcat
    Dramaslims
    chickenbut4000
    Coppermazov
    ?Rawwrhh?(no idea lol)

I know there are many more so please post any good builders or maps we could use. Chef I think you would know more so feel free to add them and if we get too many we could make a poll and make some people sad through votes.

We are also gonna need you to agree to have your builds used under the condition that we add your name somewhere, maybe under the building, maybe in the credits at the end, maybe both Razz

Most of my builds most people haven't seen.. lol. Not only that but it's been so long idk if the maps are even still on the server. There is always the level called "Palace" but i'm not sure if I want that on youtube... I'll think about it Wink
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:35 am

Well I was thinking of at least adding your building from the vip map. I think it's yours but there is no way I can actually verify that. Also in order to film most of the builds we will need to copy them onto an empty map. Only one map is needed that will bet filled with the build and then deleted....Maybe I'm trying to overdo it but for example the vip cathedral is buried underground. Well as I said before I just need ideas. Too bad nobody is as hyped as me Sad (possibly because I'm going to be sitting on my comfy chair while they do all the work MUAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!) But I think I could easily do the pictures. The only thing I would like is for Drama to give me just the text saying "The Italian Mafia" from his wallpaper or to just put it on the pics himself (only if he would like to Razz)
    Doddy
    Doddy
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 13376141

Post  Doddy Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:08 pm

tempted to make a build nao
    cheesebeatsbydre
    cheesebeatsbydre
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4725

Post  cheesebeatsbydre Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:16 pm

If people could help finish up the Taj Mahal project (the map name is tajproj2) that I started, we could post that - we could just trick it out, make it amazing, and it would be a server-wide collaboration: perfect way to show off the server! Any takers?
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:22 pm

I certainly don't mind waiting for those builds to finish but I also don't plan on giving you too much time as then most people would forget about that idea. What I STILL need you to do is agree to have your builds used and also we need to find either a way for chef to log onto the server with his good PC or just have another person take the video. D0ddy I believe you have a beast of a machine as well so if you'd like to participate...
    Oh and I need Dramaslims Sad
    Also suggest other good builds...
    cheesebeatsbydre
    cheesebeatsbydre
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4725

Post  cheesebeatsbydre Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:32 pm

i give permission for anything of my creation to be shared, as a general rule of thumb
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4835

Post  Coppermazov Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:04 pm

You may use any of mine above ground on 'copper', but (assuming that it could be used) the build on 'mazov' is very asymmetrical, and that becomes more apparent the closer you are to it. I am interested in any grunt work on this taj mahal project.
    quasimario
    New to the Family

Stars : 4533

Post  quasimario Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:54 pm

If it helps I'll give permission for people to use my maps Zelda, quasicastle and spacecastle, and for another project along with tajproj (so when we burn out on one we can switch to another) my map builderteam could use some good builders to make it a server build (thus the name builderTEAM)
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:56 pm

OK cool thanks you two, I will take a closer look. Now Chef, could you please explain in more detail the problem with your PC and if there is a way to fix it, because for now your computer is best suited for recording
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:56 am

COME ON PEOPLE!!! I need suggestions or at least agreements. For now noodles chicken copper and chef have agreed. D0ddy is one of the main builders on this server and he frequently visits the forums. D0ddy gimme a reply even if it's a no. Also freaking drama visits this forum from time to time but doesn't know how to check his inbox..... If anyone meets those guys send them to this topic or ask them yourselves
    Doddy
    Doddy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Doddy Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:15 am

I need to build something worthy of youtube first -.-
    But yeah you have my agreements anything mine is yours too.
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:36 pm

SpooXter wrote:OK cool thanks you two, I will take a closer look. Now Chef, could you please explain in more detail the problem with your PC and if there is a way to fix it, because for now your computer is best suited for recording

My PC + WoM Client = Fail

It does not work. I've tried updating/Uninstalling/Reinstalling java. I'm tellin' you, it refuses to work.
    Doddy
    Doddy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Doddy Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Chef wrote:
    SpooXter wrote:OK cool thanks you two, I will take a closer look. Now Chef, could you please explain in more detail the problem with your PC and if there is a way to fix it, because for now your computer is best suited for recording

My PC + WoM Client = Fail

It does not work. I've tried updating/Uninstalling/Reinstalling java. I'm tellin' you, it refuses to work.
    Can't load it properly either, even when I get in I fail to load my parliament map ;/
    Maybe Wom isn't designed for 64bit machines D=======================================
    Oceanpaw
    Oceanpaw
    New to the Family

Stars : 4717

Ideas for advertising the server Empty re: Ideas for advertising the server

Post  Oceanpaw Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:47 am

i might make a few vids on ma 3DS soon...
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:14 am

Does this mean the video recording part is off until we find an owner of a good PC?
    Btw I got permission from almost everyone I needed so we could potentially start now.
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:54 pm

I still need Dramaslims... He does go on the forums from time to time, but he hasn't yet checked his private messages... Also if nobody agrees to help as a cameraman I will have to do it, but although I have nothing against it I would like us to have a high quality video, which I will not be able to provide due to my mid-range mobile GPU...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:41 am