The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

The Italian Mafia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Italian Mafia

This is a place to post about both of our Minecraft Classic, and Beta Servers!

Donations are no longer accepted, due to the current server status.
The classic server "The Italian Mafia" is discontinued. The maps are being transferred to Dramaslim, to host within the server Qube Foundry. The rules in regard to this will be made public soon. The site will undergo some changes to accommodate for the changes being made. I would suggest going to Qube Foundry for your classic server fix, and sticking with The Italian Mafia for an alternate game(s) that will be announced later. - Silus

+10
silus2008
cheesebeatsbydre
Naturespeedbumpp
mitchell2753
WEareMARSHALL
Seitzy
khaosjoker909
Doddy
markorply
Chef
14 posters

I have an idea. I need everyone to help...

markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5068

I have an idea. I need everyone to help... - Page 2 Empty Re: I have an idea. I need everyone to help...

Post  markorply Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:22 pm

90% certain trolo is sumo
    trolol123
    New to the Family

Stars : 4582

I have an idea. I need everyone to help... - Page 2 Empty Re: I have an idea. I need everyone to help...

Post  trolol123 Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:33 pm

im 1000% sure its sumo. I come here on the forums often (once a day or so), but i've noticed the server has been down for a couple of weeks. I know many people enjoy to play on TIM, so I thought I can pitch in. If you do not need my help I'm completely fine with that.
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5052

Post  Dramaslims Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:10 am

Really? I thought that Sumo was banned? Am I wrong?
    mitchell2753
    mitchell2753
    Grunt

Stars : 4823

Post  mitchell2753 Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:06 am

oh cmon dude u serious Sumos back!?! :O:O:O:( o.O
    Doddy
    Doddy
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 13376165

Post  Doddy Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:14 am

Chef wrote:
    markorply wrote:chef,is there any way u can post how much has been actually been donated? i am rlly hoping to see the serv back

Nothing has been donated so far.

Move the $5.95 up to $100, ty
    trolol123
    New to the Family

Post  trolol123 Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:00 am

mitchell2753 wrote:oh cmon dude u serious Sumos back!?! :O:O:O:( o.O

0_o
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Stars : 5077

Post  Chef Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Doddy wrote:
    Chef wrote:
    markorply wrote:chef,is there any way u can post how much has been actually been donated? i am rlly hoping to see the serv back

Then nobody will donate xD
    trolol123
    New to the Family

Post  trolol123 Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Chef wrote:
    Doddy wrote:
    Chef wrote:

well a few of us have TRIED to make a succesful server. But we all failed and haven't suceeded. Hopefully the outcome will be Chef gets the money and gets his stuff or one of us make a good remake of TIM. mark's graphics card was failing to hold the server, idk what happened to nature (plus he was using MCSharp EWWW) and urmm Im still trying Very Happy. Well I just need to port forward, which nature and mark are both helping me with. As of yet we all failed.
    Doddy
    Doddy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Doddy Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Chef wrote:
    Doddy wrote:
    Chef wrote:

What I meant was move it to any donation, I was just spaced when I said that.
    I'll put a 100 bucks in, if no one else donates after then dont bother buying the new parts -.- I don't see why you should put anymore money into this than you already have.
    markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Post  markorply Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:38 pm

i didint fail sumo.its just that my computers display driver randomly stops responding and stops recovering so i need to restart my pc(yes if anyone knows how to make my display driver recover when it stops i would be gratefull)
    also i had my perms and settings set up but i cant risk random crashes
    trolol123
    New to the Family

Post  trolol123 Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:01 pm

so you had to restart your pc? 0_o Question Question Question Question
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:58 pm

If $100 dollars was donated i'd be MORE than capable of getting the server back up. And for those who are trying to "clone" The Italian Mafia, it can't be done, sorry. Smile The server is unique and will stay that way. I'd prefer you guys not try to clone it that way when I put it back up there isn't a ton of look-a-likes. Besides, who wants to play a knock off TIM server? Wink
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 6210

Post  silus2008 Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:05 am

Once its back up, we will probably need to get more staff members.
    trolol123
    New to the Family

Post  trolol123 Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:33 am

ok I'll just make my server a "regular" one then. Very Happy but I'd like to thank you guys for modivating me to make a server in the first place. Very Happy santa

edit: In the time being can my server be the "hangout" for the italian mafia-ns? Im sure it will be some time untill the server is up. I'll probably have my server up by this afternoon, and everyone will have their ranks and everything. I just need mark to do Teamviewer with me. I hope everyone will play on Official SumoCraft Freebuild (MCForge) Very Happy. and congratulations with $100 that was a big jump from $0. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy smiley faces Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

edit2: ok so I made nature a server from teamviewer, the problem is that he can't login but other people can. Im not sure why, its happened to nature with MCSharp too. So yea Very Happy
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:55 pm

We had a donation! A quite decent one at that. Until I can contact the person who donated I will not disclose the persons name. Thank you very much, you know who you are Wink
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:06 am

Also I would like to address the issue of our low numbers in staff. We have decent amount of staff but what I do not see is enough high ranking staff. We could use a couple of trustworthy staff members (Not that we don't have trustworthy staff.) The whole ranking system is really jacked and it needs to be addressed and handled by all the staff. I also think we need input from our members. That should be an imediate issue that needs to be fixed when and if the server will come back up.

We need some reform in the server, such as a fresh new ranking system, and I think that it would help to just freshen up the server a little. But that is just my opinions on things.

It's no lie that there are issues that need to be addressed and we need to probably make a thread so all the staff can give their input on it and hopefully come to a server wide decission. What do you guys think?
    WEareMARSHALL
    WEareMARSHALL

Stars : 4601

Post  WEareMARSHALL Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:30 am

Ok, well first off, when I can I'm gonna try and get $15 in, I just have to use my dad's credit card. But on the ranking/staff problem, I have a couple ideas, some I've seen and one of my own creation.
    1. Time based Ranks - not my personal favorite, but adds a new aspect instead of just building
    2. Specialized Ranks - For example, someone really good at creating intricate buildings could become an "Engineer". Someone with mad pixel art skills could become an artist. And so on.
    3. Group Leaders (my idea :S)- these would be from op up, but it would require one particular person taking charge of that group and watching over them. Kinda like the mod of the mods.
    4. This one I saw works really well too- cut down the mod poistions to only two: mod and op. But mods and ops, once experianed enough, can be promoted to Vet Op or Vet Mod ( they can't apply for that though)
    there's a few, I'll add more if I think of them
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:05 am

WEareMARSHALL wrote:Ok, well first off, when I can I'm gonna try and get $15 in, I just have to use my dad's credit card. But on the ranking/staff problem, I have a couple ideas, some I've seen and one of my own creation.
    1. Time based Ranks - not my personal favorite, but adds a new aspect instead of just building
    2. Specialized Ranks - For example, someone really good at creating intricate buildings could become an "Engineer". Someone with mad pixel art skills could become an artist. And so on.
    3. Group Leaders (my idea :S)- these would be from op up, but it would require one particular person taking charge of that group and watching over them. Kinda like the mod of the mods.
    4. This one I saw works really well too- cut down the mod poistions to only two: mod and op. But mods and ops, once experianed enough, can be promoted to Vet Op or Vet Mod ( they can't apply for that though)
    there's a few, I'll add more if I think of them

The staff ranks arent the problem. And it's not so much the ranking sytem itself as it is the promoting. It is horrible. We need guidlines and ranks that are easily in sync with those guidelines. But I do like the idea of the specialized ranks. It's kind of interesting. I don't know what the owners wan't to do. I wan't to get their input on making changes to it before we discuss changes. We pretty much can't do anything without the big guys consent.
    markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Post  markorply Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:08 am

id just like to tell you drama that this is a topic about donations and the servers status, can you move this somewhere else because this is an issue that should have its own thread
    Doddy
    Doddy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Doddy Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:40 pm

donations still capped at $5.95, I can't donate till it's moved to any donation ;S or do you have another paypal account I can donate to?
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:15 pm

markorply wrote:id just like to tell you drama that this is a topic about donations and the servers status, can you move this somewhere else because this is an issue that should have its own thread

If I am correct I do recal Silus bringing this topic up so I simply replied to it. It has everything to do with server status as everything else. The server is not in the best of shape.
    markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Post  markorply Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:15 pm

i dont want this thread filled with complaints about the promotion system. there are topics for these for a reason
    if silus brought it up here then its your fault for keeping it here
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:45 pm

markorply wrote:i dont want this thread filled with complaints about the promotion system. there are topics for these for a reason
    if silus brought it up here then its your fault for keeping it here

I simply replied to him. I do not see anywhere beyond that where I posted anything more. He brought the subject up and I replied. Like you said this thread is also about the status of the server. This has to do with exactly that, the status of the community itself (Not just the physical server.) I have no problem moving the topic but you have no right to be rude to me. If you are going to address me please do so in a professional manner, i'm not a child.
    cheesebeatsbydre
    cheesebeatsbydre
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4749

Post  cheesebeatsbydre Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:01 pm

it's fine, this thread is the main forum for talking about the server atm.

On a separate note: Chef, I was wondering if you could email me my tajproj2 map. I wanna give it to another server so that I can work on it while mafia is down.
    Naturespeedbumpp
    Naturespeedbumpp
    New to the Family

Stars : 4723

Post  Naturespeedbumpp Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:41 pm

cheese bro i already created my own server once you get it email it to me and ill put it on my server Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content