The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

The Italian Mafia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Italian Mafia

This is a place to post about both of our Minecraft Classic, and Beta Servers!

Donations are no longer accepted, due to the current server status.
The classic server "The Italian Mafia" is discontinued. The maps are being transferred to Dramaslim, to host within the server Qube Foundry. The rules in regard to this will be made public soon. The site will undergo some changes to accommodate for the changes being made. I would suggest going to Qube Foundry for your classic server fix, and sticking with The Italian Mafia for an alternate game(s) that will be announced later. - Silus

2 posters

SOPA Protest, Minecraft shutting down Jan, 18th.

Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Stars : 5078

SOPA Protest, Minecraft shutting down Jan, 18th. Empty SOPA Protest, Minecraft shutting down Jan, 18th.

Post  Chef Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:24 pm

SOPA Protest – Websites Shut Down
    by Jens Bergensten on January 17, 2012
    No sane person can be for SOPA. I don’t know if we’re sane, but we are strongly, uncompromisingly against SOPA, and any similar laws. Sacrificing freedom of speech for the benefit of corporate profit is abominable and disgusting. — Notch

Tomorrow, January 18, we will close down www.minecraft.net, www.mojang.com and www.playcobalt.com in a protest against the Stop Online Piracy Act. Read more about the protest on reddit’s blog, Wikimedia Foundation, WordPress’ blog and Destructoid.

(Minecraft and Cobalt login servers will still be available.)

http://mojang.com/2012/01/17/sopa-protest-websites-shut-down/

http://fightforthefuture.org/pipa
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4860

SOPA Protest, Minecraft shutting down Jan, 18th. Empty Re: SOPA Protest, Minecraft shutting down Jan, 18th.

Post  Coppermazov Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks for the heads up on this. I guess I'm insane. If anyone would like to explain their opinion on why this is such a big deal I would be most interested. If this is posted solely because it pertains to the server, then I apologize and withdraw that request. Either way I don't intend to be offensive by my dissension, nor am I seeking to sound impressive.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4860

SOPA Protest, Minecraft shutting down Jan, 18th. Empty Re: SOPA Protest, Minecraft shutting down Jan, 18th.

Post  Coppermazov Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Actually, never mind, there's no way any discussion would go well. Sorry.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:00 am