The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

The Italian Mafia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Italian Mafia

This is a place to post about both of our Minecraft Classic, and Beta Servers!

Donations are no longer accepted, due to the current server status.
The classic server "The Italian Mafia" is discontinued. The maps are being transferred to Dramaslim, to host within the server Qube Foundry. The rules in regard to this will be made public soon. The site will undergo some changes to accommodate for the changes being made. I would suggest going to Qube Foundry for your classic server fix, and sticking with The Italian Mafia for an alternate game(s) that will be announced later. - Silus

5 posters

can you wipe all the maps they are getting to crowded

lowl21
    lowl21
    New to the Family

Stars : 4443

can you wipe all the maps they are getting to crowded Empty can you wipe all the maps they are getting to crowded

Post  lowl21 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:51 am

I was wondering if you could wipe the maps they are getting to crowded.

New to the Family

Stars : 4514

can you wipe all the maps they are getting to crowded Empty Re: can you wipe all the maps they are getting to crowded

Post  King74M Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:56 am

Not my maps! NOO!
    Plzz not mine.!
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4855

can you wipe all the maps they are getting to crowded Empty Re: can you wipe all the maps they are getting to crowded

Post  Coppermazov Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:34 am

King74M wrote:Not my maps! NOO!
    Plzz not mine.!

He doesn't mean personal maps. That would not make sense. Additionally, your signature is a very interesting amalgam. Neutral

Last edited by Coppermazov on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:49 am

One does not simply...suddenly wipe all building maps on the server. bom
    Even when we wipe one map mods generally seem to get a response of "OMGWTFBBQ WHERES MY BUILD, BRING BAXK NAO PLZMOD!?!?!?!" from whoever was building that day (yes I'm exaggerating horribly, feel free to take offense and complain, though some visitors literally say this). Before we clean maps we have to discern between builds in progress and builds that have been finished and ranked. If I find that a large build in, say, artisan, that has an architect's name on it, and artisan is packed, I'll delete the build. To my understanding the server is a community of builders, not just a collection of structures, certainly not of bad ones. Correct me if I'm being arbitrary.

The problem is that I've been doing the above, and apparently need to do again [edit-done]. It would be nice if we organized the maps some more, maybe into a grid of lots. (See the yellow list below for some suggestions of improvement, and feel free to contribute.)

Architect3 is mostly empty, and Architect2 is fairly empty. If one map is packed, you should always check the others (2 and 3) that are assigned to that rank. I'm assuming you've done so, I cleaned up builder, and thinned out the other two. Artisan was getting thick, and that has been largely rectified. I posted the save numbers on the wall for anyone who urgently desires to get their build back.

For Ops-A Proposal of some points to keep maps clean(er)
    • a.make a grid on the maps, either
      • -divided into four quarters
        -50X50
        -smaller that fifty(perhaps for lesser ranks)
        -some other way I didn't think of

b.Anything that is a full skill level beneath the rank of the map, and that cannot possibly be altered to become promotion worthy is deleted. (such as artisans making builder level stuff in an attempt to get architect.)
      • "you're welcome to level their build, and tell them to restart, but only if you're willing to teach them."-(changes updates pg.4 post 47 Chef)

c.Banned individuals have their builds deleted (if they haven't been undone)

d.Any large and undetailed box in architect is to be deleted, according to the staff guide, boxes are not acceptable in any form by this point. Massive simple cuboid builds will be deleted on sight for architects, unless their purpose is just to contain a worthwhile build.

e.Staff should contribute nothing creative wider than one block thick signs to any given map, unless building examples are very sorely needed.

f.Underground builds are discouraged, and will not be ranked in themselves (namely, if there is no good build above) and cannot be accounted for be the staff when retrieving builds, since these are nearly impossible to /copy.

g.In some cases, exemplary builds may be left undeleted indefinitely to encourage future builders. The maximum number of these per map is two, and it may even fewer if the map is small, and already crowded (such as architect2). Big does not equate to exemplary.

h.You don't need to write your name next to the build, if you insist on doing so, do it above the build, or in some way that doesn't take up too much space. Don't make arrows pointing to your build, we can usually tell which build is indicated.

i.Use trees with moderation, pointless use will result in all of them being deleted. Spamming pumpkings or nyan cats will result in their deletion, and they'll be the first thing to go if space becomes limited. Excessive spamming of such things results in demotion.

j."this block has not been modified since the map was last cleared" results in deletion at the discretion of the staff. If you think its really good ("good" within the standards of the rank) , then don't delete it. If its only fairly good then you may want to just delete it.

k.If you are builder or above and you are found to have committed an xban worthy offense, you will still be banned or (if the staff member decides lenience is acceptable) be fully demoted (to apprentice/visitor).

l.If you commit a minor offense at a higher rank, such as smamming or digging numerous random holes, you will be demoted by one rank.

These are only suggestions, based upon my personal assumptions and methods, please comment below on what you think of these, but please specify which sections you do and do not agree with. Points C, D, K, G, and I seem to be fairly established although not being written. For Lowl, and other non-staff, feel free to ignore this list, unless you strongly object to any of these things, and believe that you have very good reason to (in which case I would like you to explain said reason below.)

Last edited by Coppermazov on Tue May 01, 2012 4:31 pm; edited 11 times in total
    markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5064

Post  markorply Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:09 pm

that would require admins on 24/7, i dont think we have that luxury
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:11 pm

markorply wrote:that would require admins on 24/7, i dont think we have that luxury

How exactly would making a grid take 24/7 of our time? Some of these are already established as rules, do you think we should then repeal those as wasteful? Further, I've already cleaned up the maps according to these, and it only took a couple of hours. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I don't think we understand each other here.

Could you specify which of these are impossible?
    markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Post  markorply Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Coppermazov wrote:
    markorply wrote:that would require admins on 24/7, i dont think we have that luxury

How exactly would making a grid take 24/7 of our time? Some of these are already established as rules, do you think we should then repeal those as wasteful? Further, I've already cleaned up the maps according to these, and it only took a couple of hours. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I don't think we understand each other here.

Could you specify which of these are impossible?
    if this is inclusive of visitor rank we would need people to moderate the grids and i dont think mods are always online and moderating all the time
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:28 pm

markorply wrote:
    if this is inclusive of visitor rank we would need people to moderate the grids and i dont think mods are always online and moderating all the time

It wouldn't have included the Freebuild's, maybe not even builder. Artisan and architect maps were the most cluttered. I assumed that they would need very little moderation.

The point of it was to stop people from making such tight-knit little clusters of mediocre builds, though that isn't necessary. It might be better to get people just to try and make larger and better builds. I think the remainder of the points, many of which drew from other sources, would contribute to that aim.

Forget the grids then, I crossed that out. Do you object to any other points?

markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Post  markorply Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:03 pm

nope
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:41 pm

markorply wrote:nope

Good to hear Very Happy

It would be nice to set up some sort of regular janitor arrangement around these, to ensure consistent orderliness without waiting for guests to complain, if such doesn't already exist. I believe such things exist, and work effectively, in wikis. I would volunteer to take that up if no one opposes (either the idea, or my doing it).
    markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Post  markorply Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:49 pm

you seem to have this well planned so i will say yes to let you design this ingame
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Tue May 01, 2012 9:06 am

In that case, I'll begin enforcing these points. Any further ideas would be helpful, and if anyone else is interested in also systematically doing this please post below (rather than demanding all staff to take part, thought that might be better, as the process is very time consuming). It seems odd that no one opposes a single one of these points, I think that's going to turn up later.
    Blyssed
    Blyssed
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4781

Post  Blyssed Tue May 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Coppermazov wrote:

b.Anything that is a full skill level beneath the rank of the map, and that cannot possibly be altered to become promotion worthy is deleted. (such as artisans making builder level stuff in an attempt to get architect.)
    • "you're welcome to level their build, and tell them to restart, but only if you're willing to teach them."-(changes updates pg.4 post 47 Chef)

g.In some cases, exemplary builds may be left undeleted indefinitely to encourage future builders. Big does not equate to exemplary.

j."this block has not been modified since the map was last cleared" results in deletion at the discretion of the staff. If you think its really good ("good" within the standards of the rank) , then don't delete it. If its only fairly good then you may want to just delete it.

[/list]

Copper,

Section B: Does this rule still allow us to wipe/level builds that a player has abandoned, even if the said player has still not been promoted? For example, some players are content with staying at artisan and build sub-par builds throughout the map(s).

Section G: I agree with the general idea of keeping exemplary builds in maps for the purpose of example or inspiration, although I do have concern as to how many. I believe we should put a limit of two exemplary/inspirational builds per map due to space concerns. Any additional exemplary builds, I strongly feel, should be placed in the example maps. I am willing to maintain the examples maps. The only requirement from staff would be to dumb (paste) exemplary builds into a general examples map. This general examples map, named exdump, will be designed to simply catch exemplary builds and hold them for sorting. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Section J: Are you referring to builds that have been pasted or created by bots?

Blyssed

Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Tue May 01, 2012 4:26 pm

Blyssed wrote:
    Copper,

Section B: Does this rule still allow us to wipe/level builds that a player has abandoned, even if the said player has still not been promoted? For example, some players are content with staying at artisan and build sub-par builds throughout the map(s).

Section G: I agree with the general idea of keeping exemplary builds in maps for the purpose of example or inspiration, although I do have concern as to how many. I believe we should put a limit of two exemplary/inspirational builds per map due to space concerns. Any additional exemplary builds, I strongly feel, should be placed in the example maps. I am willing to maintain the examples maps. The only requirement from staff would be to dumb (paste) exemplary builds into a general examples map. This general examples map, named exdump, will be designed to simply catch exemplary builds and hold them for sorting. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Section J: Are you referring to builds that have been pasted or created by bots?

Blyssed

Regarding B, it still allows that.

Regarding G, a two build limit sounds fine, I'll edit that in to the main list.

Regarding J, I meant the builds whose maker can't be identified using /b, very old builds that aren't set aside as exemplary.

Thanks for responding
    Blyssed
    Blyssed
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4781

Post  Blyssed Tue May 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Coppermazov wrote:
    Blyssed wrote:
    Copper,

Blyssed

Regarding B, it still allows that.

Regarding G, a two build limit sounds fine, I'll edit that in to the main list.

Regarding J, I meant the builds whose maker can't be identified using /b, very old builds that aren't set aside as exemplary.

Thanks for responding

Perfect. Thanks a lot Copper.

Blyssed

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:06 pm