The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

The Italian Mafia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Italian Mafia

This is a place to post about both of our Minecraft Classic, and Beta Servers!

Donations are no longer accepted, due to the current server status.
The classic server "The Italian Mafia" is discontinued. The maps are being transferred to Dramaslim, to host within the server Qube Foundry. The rules in regard to this will be made public soon. The site will undergo some changes to accommodate for the changes being made. I would suggest going to Qube Foundry for your classic server fix, and sticking with The Italian Mafia for an alternate game(s) that will be announced later. - Silus

+4
SpooXter
Dramaslims
xSiCkBUILD
King74M
8 posters

Promoter app

King74M
    King74M
    New to the Family

Stars : 4520

Promoter app Empty Promoter app

Post  King74M Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:22 am

Position applying for:Promoter

Why do you want to moderate?:I would like to keep the server safe from greifers because i am on daily.

What do you think would contribute to the moderating team? What qualities and skills do you offer?:I offer help for poor builders.

Have you ever disagreed with a mod's action? If so, what would you have done as a moderator in that situation? Never have disagreed with a mods actions.

What is one complaint or suggestion you have for the server?:Too much greifers

What is one thing you think we are doing well?:Kepping watch for greifers.

Are you willing to learn the commands?:Yes definitly

In what situations would you not follow rules and use moral judgement?:Depends on what is happening in it.

If a staff member of any rank below or higher instigates a fight for any variety of reasons, what would you do?:I would warn and try to end the fight

What is x when 2x^2=18?:Dont know

King
    Thank you.
    xSiCkBUILD
    xSiCkBUILD

Stars : 4745

Promoter app Empty Re: Promoter app

Post  xSiCkBUILD Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:04 am

I like it the letter is good writen out but... im not gonna say yes you are not the most mature person there and i dont think your ready for the rank so on that case i say no.
    King74M
    King74M
    New to the Family

Post  King74M Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:13 am

That was way back lets forget about the past and think for the furure
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5054

Post  Dramaslims Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:30 am

I agree with sick. I do not think that you can think at the level of maturity needed for the rank. You currently had an issue with lowl and you both acted childish. I also think that you could have put a lot more information into your answers for the app. It's kind of poorly written, no offence, and it looks like you almost rushed through it.

We cannot afford to fill a staff position with an instigator. My vote is a NO.

-Dramaslims
    King74M
    King74M
    New to the Family

Post  King74M Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:23 am

You currently had an issue with lowl and you both acted childish.

Im sorry about that also i have groen better and i am not childish. He likes lies to most ops about greif and gets me in to trouble for no reason Sad Sad .
    At least ill be better and i am sorry please accepy my apolagie.

King.
    Yhank you
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Stars : 4795

Post  SpooXter Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:57 am

King, I like your attitude when you stop and think about your actions, but being a staff means to make the right decisions without having too much time to think it through carefully. You may still need some experience and train yourself to stay calm and not to show too much emotion as it is a negative factor.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4861

Post  Coppermazov Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:50 am

Short response, I vote no. At this time I don't think you should be staff.

Long response, I think you could do well with handling grief, chat spam ect., but my concern is over building ability. I think you're overall around artisan, maybe architect skill level, you were builder rank when you donated, and, from your map so far, it seems he prefers working at the builder level (though I've seen that you are capable of more than that, which is probably how you got to designer, but that isn't your overall skill preference, it would seem.)

As such, I don't think you has a sufficiently thorough knowledge of what is good or bad in a build to effectively judge other people's work. It would be nice if you could only moderate without promoting, and I do agree that you would be a help in that area, but the main issue of being a promoter is promoting, which I wouldn't currently trust you with.

This isn't a major problem, it seems that you just applied too early, like most players do, but you'll get there eventually as long as you keep at it.
    Blyssed
    Blyssed
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4787

Post  Blyssed Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:13 am

Too soon King. Give it some time and place an application again in a few months. Good luck!

Blyssed
    xSiCkBUILD
    xSiCkBUILD

Post  xSiCkBUILD Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:48 pm

And one thing you just got donator so just give it a bit off time and then maby the future will come king i think you are really enthusiastic and great to be around with but maby the rank is not for you right now.
    enaD
    enaD
    New to the Family

Stars : 4491

Post  enaD Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:10 pm

I vote no for now. King doesn't always have respect for other players and his building quality isn't very good. I would wait a couple of months and try again.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:34 pm

enaD wrote:I vote no for now. King doesn't always have respect for other players and his building quality isn't very good. I would wait a couple of months and try again.

Actual voting is restricted to those above the rank of moderator, though your input is still appreciated. This means that your comment isn't tallied, not that its content will be ignored.
    enaD
    enaD
    New to the Family

Stars : 4491

Post  enaD Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Coppermazov wrote:
    enaD wrote:I vote no for now. King doesn't always have respect for other players and his building quality isn't very good. I would wait a couple of months and try again.

Actual voting is restricted to those above the rank of moderator, though your input is still appreciated. This means that your comment isn't tallied, not that its content will be ignored.

I am ranked Moderator...Le whosDane
    markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5070

Post  markorply Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:10 pm

I think King74M's donation was proof that he is dedicated
    wether he is ignorant of what it takes to be of a staff member I believe he is willing to learn
    So I would say this would be a good time to see what he can learn now and I/we can make a final decision after that
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:40 am

markorply wrote:I think King74M's donation was proof that he is dedicated
    wether he is ignorant of what it takes to be of a staff member I believe he is willing to learn
    So I would say this would be a good time to see what he can learn now and I/we can make a final decision after that

Staff ranks shouldn't be taken that lightly.
    Blyssed
    Blyssed
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4787

Post  Blyssed Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:11 am

I think that we should find out why Chef decided to demote King74m from Designer to Builder before we make a decision. This demotion only occurred about a week ago. King was demoted via the console. Given this, I assume Chef was possibly upset with how he was interacting via chat. This, in my opinion, should play a large role in whether a staff position is the right choice for King74m at this time.

Blyssed
    xSiCkBUILD
    xSiCkBUILD

Post  xSiCkBUILD Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:22 am

Agreed.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:35 am

enaD wrote:

I am ranked Moderator...Le whosDane

I think the new picture is an improvement, sorry about that Very Happy

Chef never replied to King on his demotion appeal. He has been demoted from designer twice before though. Here's a relevant post.

http://www.theitalianmafia.co/t311p30-new-policy-on-promotions-must-read-specifically the bottom of page 3 and top of page 4.
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Bottom line, king does not have the maturity needed to make decisions that could potentially affect the server. It may just be promoter, but promoter leads to mod and manager and so on. It's just not plausible to put someone, such as king, who cannot act with enough maturity to begin with in a staff position. I mean no offence to him but it's just not there. I believe that the attitude he portrays in the server is not the attitude of a future staff member. If he cannot handle himself in a mature manner over something as small as someone falsely accusing him of grief, I doubt he will be capable of conducting himself appropriately when he's put into a more heated situation.

Stop looking at peoples dedication, start looking at their attitude. Dedication doesn't lie in the time spent on the server or the money given, it lies in their attitude and their strive to make the server itself a better place. I haven't donated to the server, does that make me an undedicated member? Of course not. We need people who can handle themselves before handling others, not people who need to be baby sat.
    xSiCkBUILD
    xSiCkBUILD

Post  xSiCkBUILD Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Drama has made his desion so i think topic should be locked if thats ok with you guys.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:30 pm

xSiCkBUILD wrote:Drama has made his desion so i think topic should be locked if thats ok with you guys.

Only one positive vote, and out of several, application locked.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:22 am