The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

The Italian Mafia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Italian Mafia

This is a place to post about both of our Minecraft Classic, and Beta Servers!

Donations are no longer accepted, due to the current server status.
The classic server "The Italian Mafia" is discontinued. The maps are being transferred to Dramaslim, to host within the server Qube Foundry. The rules in regard to this will be made public soon. The site will undergo some changes to accommodate for the changes being made. I would suggest going to Qube Foundry for your classic server fix, and sticking with The Italian Mafia for an alternate game(s) that will be announced later. - Silus

+14
mitchell2753
tgrosson
NodGFX
GHOSTHOUND
SpooXter
ninja1571
King74M
silus2008
Dramaslims
ilijacher
enaD
Oceanpaw
Blyssed
Chef
18 posters

The Italian Mafia

Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Stars : 5060

The Italian Mafia Empty The Italian Mafia

Post  Chef Thu May 24, 2012 7:04 pm

The server is going to be shut down. I've been hosting it for over 2 years now and lately it seems as though it's dying (figuratively speaking of course). I've talked with 2 people whom are essentially owners (not Silus or D0ddy)that agree with each other that shutting it down isn't a bad idea. You all might not know but i've been poking my head in once in a while to check on things and it's been progressively getting worse. Activity has diminished, the regulars are absent 90% of the time, and the only reason people join is to become a mod. In someones words "It's become a chat room..." myself and an anon agree. The community I once knew is no longer there. I speak for myself when I say there is no attachment to the server whatsoever anymore.

Unless this thread receives a significant response I will not be putting the server up (to dump maps), nor will I be giving access to the maps(file share).

Q: So what happens to the site?
    A: If it remains active i'll leave it up and perhaps change it into something else. I.e. A site for our community that has decided on a game. At this point Gw2 seems to be in the lead. However if the site dies completely i'll leave it up until the domain expires (August 2012).

Q: I donated to the server, now what?
    A: If you're one of the few that donated I really do appreciate it. The funds donated to the server went into the construction and maintenance of the PC that hosts the server itself.

Rant: I want a refund!
    A: You made a donation, not a purchase. No refunds will be admitted. Only donations after this post will result in a denial or refund. Donation: "an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution." (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/donation)

Best regards,

Chef
    Blyssed
    Blyssed
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4768

The Italian Mafia Empty Re: The Italian Mafia

Post  Blyssed Thu May 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Hey Chef,

You won't get much of a reply. Over the past few weeks, everyone has stopped playing. I have made a considerable effort to keep things running, but as you can see, this place is dead. Thanks for the good times!

Blyssed
    Oceanpaw
    Oceanpaw
    New to the Family

Stars : 4724

Post  Oceanpaw Thu May 24, 2012 8:00 pm

I am not happy about this and STRONGLY disagree. besides the time you've been on is so rare....you see 1/10 of the server times. sure Blyssed is active but he doesn't see everything. nobody does. perhaps all the activity happens when we aren't on. sure a few days are slow. but that's the process of becoming a popular server. i say we do a trial for a month and see how it goes. this response came up when i was listening to this song. go ahead. listen. it won't deafen you. listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=5hjIyHMMjGk
    enaD
    enaD
    New to the Family

Stars : 4472

Post  enaD Thu May 24, 2012 9:43 pm

-.-

I think I should add on to this. I agree that many of the normal players have become inactive lately. I try to get on, but with finals I can't get on much (usually I can get on for maybe an hour a day) It saddens me that the server is being shut down only after a few months of myself joining. Hopefully I can stay in contact with some of you. I'm sure many will agree, even if they haven't been active lately, that they loved building and chatting with friends on TIM.

This great server will be missed -whosDane
    Oceanpaw
    Oceanpaw
    New to the Family

Post  Oceanpaw Fri May 25, 2012 12:13 am

you. you have no idea how much evil and rage you just filled within me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oud83ecbnbk&feature=related you will regret the day this was posted! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad this isn't over yet. i will come back and turn you into crow-food
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Fri May 25, 2012 2:32 am

Oceanpaw wrote:I am not happy about this and STRONGLY disagree. besides the time you've been on is so rare....

I don't have to be online to see how the server is doing. I check the console more often then you might think Smile
    ilijacher
    ilijacher
    New to the Family

Stars : 4374

The Italian Mafia Empty Don't close it!

Post  ilijacher Fri May 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Please, Chef, don't do that! This is the only good server i have played on. We all have friends here, we all like to build here! I was looking for a good server with friendly people for a month, played here for 2 weeks and now it's closing!
    EDIT: Make a poll, government should do how people say.

Last edited by ilijacher on Sat May 26, 2012 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5035

Post  Dramaslims Fri May 25, 2012 5:13 pm

You've made your decision and I respect it. But I know you don't want to put it back up for dumping maps, but some of us do have maps that we have left there that we cannot obtain off any server but this one. You wouldn't consider maybe giving people one day?
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 6193

Post  silus2008 Fri May 25, 2012 6:46 pm

I am okay with the current decision and I have gone inactive as well but it would be better to offload the maps to someone else and/or saving a back up instead of deleting them.
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Fri May 25, 2012 10:07 pm

It just seems to me that it is a very bitter ending to a once great server. People have put time into their builds and it would really be disapointing if all the great work that has been constructed in the server was lost. We all have things we've built in the server and it would be a huge loss to most of us if those files couldn't be retrieved.
    Blyssed
    Blyssed
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Blyssed Fri May 25, 2012 10:10 pm

I would like my George Washington hope sign Smile If we can negotiate some sort of deal in retrieving it, I will be very happy.
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Post  silus2008 Fri May 25, 2012 11:02 pm

could we not transfer it to qube? We could also transfer active staff over as well.
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Fri May 25, 2012 11:28 pm

silus2008 wrote:could we not transfer it to qube? We could also transfer active staff over as well.

We could transfer maps over. We would need to negotiate a proper transfer if we were to do so.
    King74M
    King74M
    New to the Family

Stars : 4501

Post  King74M Sat May 26, 2012 5:35 am

How will i get to build with OceanPaw!???? he and i just built together all the time here and now we cant!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How will Ocean and i get to talk now!! Or how will i talk with Karin and play with her!?? This is very bad Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
    PLZZZ DONT DELETE THE SERVER Exclamation Exclamation OTHERWISE WE WONT BE ABLE TO TALK WITH EACHOTHER NOW!!

~King(The sad one)~
    ilijacher
    ilijacher
    New to the Family

Stars : 4374

Post  ilijacher Sat May 26, 2012 5:50 am

King74M wrote:How will i get to build with OceanPaw!???? he and i just built together all the time here and now we cant!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How will Ocean and i get to talk now!! Or how will i talk with Karin and play with her!?? This is very bad Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
    PLZZZ DONT DELETE THE SERVER Exclamation Exclamation OTHERWISE WE WONT BE ABLE TO TALK WITH EACHOTHER NOW!!

~King(The sad one)~
    If they are going to delete the server, give each other contact info while site is alive
    Will miss this great server Sad
    ninja1571
    ninja1571
    New to the Family

Stars : 4453

Post  ninja1571 Sat May 26, 2012 10:14 am

so will all the forums accounts will be deleted
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Stars : 4776

Post  SpooXter Sat May 26, 2012 10:30 am

Really??? Couldn't just wait to see how it would do when the summer vacation begins? We shouldn't expect consistency
    when times are changing. Sometimes more people come to the server, sometimes less. This is surely a bad time for the server, but after all the school finals, university exams and other stuff bothering the people are over, boredom is gonna get them to join this server's community. I really don't see why you can't tell that all will be better in a month or even less Sad

But I would still like to thank you, Chef. You have been a great owner... And we had better not split up. We need to start a Minecraft 1.x server maybe? Or any other game... We need something to keep us together
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Sat May 26, 2012 3:48 pm

ninja1571 wrote:so will all the forums accounts will be deleted

Read his post... -_-
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Post  silus2008 Sat May 26, 2012 5:13 pm

SpooXter wrote:Really??? Couldn't just wait to see how it would do when the summer vacation begins? We shouldn't expect consistency
    when times are changing. Sometimes more people come to the server, sometimes less. This is surely a bad time for the server, but after all the school finals, university exams and other stuff bothering the people are over, boredom is gonna get them to join this server's community. I really don't see why you can't tell that all will be better in a month or even less Sad

But I would still like to thank you, Chef. You have been a great owner... And we had better not split up. We need to start a Minecraft 1.x server maybe? Or any other game... We need something to keep us together

Some of us are moving onto another game and there will of course the group that stays behind. How to accomodate the 2 groups is still being discussed by me, drama, blyssed, chef, and doddy. Anyone who wants to provide input can message me by 9:00am est on Sunday. Staff who want to be involved in the discussions can message me withing that time as well. Also no reason to say goodbyes and the such yet, as there are still discussions going on.
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Sat May 26, 2012 10:16 pm

I would like to specify that this is not the end of TIM so much as it's the end of the TIM classic server.
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Post  silus2008 Sat May 26, 2012 10:49 pm

but I thought the other servers were already dead. Would they not have to be made from scratch?
    GHOSTHOUND
    New to the Family

Stars : 4427

Post  GHOSTHOUND Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:09 am

Well, all, this is hl2modrift and, with some slight changes with my internet, I was able to access the server for the last couple of days that the server was alive. Shame that it's gone...even though I was banned for months, I loved the server and desperately tried to return. The best of luck to you, LCB. Hope something comes out of this.
    Keep in touch.
    E-mail: hunter_carroll@live.com
    Or text/call me: 1-812-890-6666 yes that's real...
    Sent from Droid RAZR (Model XT912) at 12:09 A.M. Saturday June 2nd
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Post  silus2008 Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:47 pm

check your mail blyss
    Blyssed
    Blyssed
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Blyssed Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:18 pm

silus2008 wrote:check your mail blyss
    Thanks Silus. Are we still making the map transfer? It seems as though we have lost almost all members. The only remaining seem to be Milk_pike, WhosDane, D0DDY, Ilijacher, Spooxter, and Markorply. If we still transfer the maps, we can ozone them to host, but keep them open to guests who would like to explore them. We can create portals to some of the really cool maps, such as Fixeron and D0DDY's stuff. No offense to anyone else for not mentioning their maps, it's just that I have not seen many other maps. I never ventured far beyond moderating freebuild5.

Blyssed
    Oceanpaw
    Oceanpaw
    New to the Family

Post  Oceanpaw Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:06 am

Blyssed wrote:
    silus2008 wrote:check your mail blyss
    Thanks Silus. Are we still making the map transfer? It seems as though we have lost almost all members. The only remaining seem to be Milk_pike, WhosDane, D0DDY, Ilijacher, Spooxter, and Markorply. If we still transfer the maps, we can ozone them to host, but keep them open to guests who would like to explore them. We can create portals to some of the really cool maps, such as Fixeron and D0DDY's stuff. No offense to anyone else for not mentioning their maps, it's just that I have not seen many other maps. I never ventured far beyond moderating freebuild5.

Blyssed
    i'm still here and i think people shoul have maps ozoned to themselves

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:37 pm