The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

The Italian Mafia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Italian Mafia

This is a place to post about both of our Minecraft Classic, and Beta Servers!

Donations are no longer accepted, due to the current server status.
The classic server "The Italian Mafia" is discontinued. The maps are being transferred to Dramaslim, to host within the server Qube Foundry. The rules in regard to this will be made public soon. The site will undergo some changes to accommodate for the changes being made. I would suggest going to Qube Foundry for your classic server fix, and sticking with The Italian Mafia for an alternate game(s) that will be announced later. - Silus

+8
Oceanpaw
quasimario
cheesebeatsbydre
Doddy
Chef
WEareMARSHALL
Coppermazov
SpooXter
12 posters

Ideas for advertising the server

Doddy
    Doddy
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 13376148

Ideas for advertising the server - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for advertising the server

Post  Doddy Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:02 pm

I can record at 1080p smoothly, my WoM works, just not on my mega-sized maps like parliament.
    If you make a valid storyboard or plan, or if you want to edit the material yourself then you need to organize it.
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Stars : 4776

Ideas for advertising the server - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for advertising the server

Post  SpooXter Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Ho ho ho THE PLANNING BEGINS!!!!
    OK we have 2 parts we need to think of: Music and which build is first second and so on. Sadly I can't think of any proper music... So I'll leave others to post some good ideas.
    I will try to organise the video plan, but I have no idea how exactly to film every build. I think I will go on
    YouTube and see how others do it and then send you the videos... The raw footage is the first step. Then comes editing and oh man is it going to be hard. I have no expreience but I think I don't need too much to learn it. If someone has done it before and doesn't mind doing it for this video I'd like him to tell me... A 1080p video may take too long to edit, but I really have no idea, you tell me. Soooo.... In the next 2 days I will post an order of the builds and we can comment on it here. We need to bear in mind that some builds have very good interiors so they need to be added as well Razz
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 6193

Post  silus2008 Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:36 pm

or

would one of these sound good with the video?
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:44 pm

That's one approach to it. I like it. The good thing is that it's not necessary for the music to be a secondary element, but one of the major ones as what Silus posted gave me a different idea of how the video could look. D0DDY suggested to keep it modern and use DnB or something like that. They can be very hardcore and also calm but we will need to find the right one (that is only in case we choose his idea). I will post some suggestions later... Too sleepy now. Maybe I'll make a poll... Dunno really
    NoodlesTHEcat
    NoodlesTHEcat
    New to the Family

Stars : 4693

Post  NoodlesTHEcat Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:20 pm

i just like the first half of this song.
    Oceanpaw
    Oceanpaw
    New to the Family

Stars : 4724

Post  Oceanpaw Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:14 pm

SpooXter wrote:That's one approach to it. I like it. The good thing is that it's not necessary for the music to be a secondary element, but one of the major ones as what Silus posted gave me a different idea of how the video could look. D0DDY suggested to keep it modern and use DnB or something like that. They can be very hardcore and also calm but we will need to find the right one (that is only in case we choose his idea). I will post some suggestions later... Too sleepy now. Maybe I'll make a poll... Dunno really
    well with the part of the song being able to be hardcore then this is some music i like...i know it's not about me but the music is good Smile
    NoodlesTHEcat
    NoodlesTHEcat
    New to the Family

Post  NoodlesTHEcat Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Oceanpaw
    Oceanpaw
    New to the Family

Stars : 4724

Ideas for advertising the server - Page 2 Empty re: Ideas for advertising the server

Post  Oceanpaw Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:32 pm

i think noodles might like this song it's short but...
    NoodlesTHEcat
    NoodlesTHEcat
    New to the Family

Post  NoodlesTHEcat Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:18 pm

omg lawwl i like waffles and pancakes Razz
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Stars : 5060

Post  Chef Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:29 am

NoodlesTHEcat wrote:omg lawwl i like waffles and pancakes Razz

Lets stay on topic please...
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 pm

This topic got too long even without any spam so I would like real ideas. Glad to know you're taking part, Ocean but what I meant was that we need to hit the middle between hard and soft so that we don't annoy too many people and considering only younger people play Minecraft I think electronic music is best as it is what most teenagers listen to today
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4842

Post  Coppermazov Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:23 pm

I believe its a victory if they don't hit mute and immediately leave, even if greater heights exist. That's the extent of my knowledge in this matter. Relevant lyrics might help. I don't know if "Italian" music would be good, or if we'd just confuse even more Italians into joining a heavily English server in their misapprehension.
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Silus' Second song will do fine. There, we have a song (Inevitably the least important thing), lets fixate on the next step please. Smile
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:06 pm

OK I like that one as well... Today I spent about 2 hours just going through YouTube videos and I guess that is a very often used type of music. Soo for the builds I think that MUST be included:
    D0DDY's maps (along with the d0ddy07rmx if he finishes it)
    Chef's vip cathedral and palace (if he wants to)
    Noodles' new builds
    fixeron, fixeron2, fixeron3, fixeron_hell and his vip2 stadium
    silusspace
    chicken (when it's finished)
    drama
    rawwrhhisweird (i don't know who's it is)
    there's more that I will add tomorrow Sad
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 6193

Post  silus2008 Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:57 pm

is evil_theme still a thing? also there is chefs stadium from vip2
    Chef
    Chef
    Owner
    Owner

Post  Chef Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:18 pm

silus2008 wrote:is evil_theme still a thing? also there is chefs stadium from vip2

Idk if that's actually mine o.O It's been so long, honestly the architecture is so similar to the way FiXeroN builds that i'd almost bet it is his.
    ChickenBut4000
    ChickenBut4000
    New to the Family

Stars : 4627

Post  ChickenBut4000 Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:51 am

SpooXter wrote:OK I like that one as well... Today I spent about 2 hours just going through YouTube videos and I guess that is a very often used type of music. Soo for the builds I think that MUST be included:
    D0DDY's maps (along with the d0ddy07rmx if he finishes it)
    Noodles' new builds
    silusspace
    drama
    rawwrhhisweird (i don't know who's it is)
    there's more that I will add tomorrow Sad

Sorry that i haven't finished yet.I will try to get it done by wednesday if thats ok :3.I will only have the outside done.
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:03 am

Oh don't worry about it. Organising and filming is going to take a while and we haven't even made the plan for it. D0DDY also wants to finish his build and his still needs a lot of work
    Doddy
    Doddy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Doddy Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:41 am

I like Silus' tracks, I have an artist which is very similar on mind.
    Youtube user /moleman183

&

IMO that second one would look pretty catchy if snipped and put into an intro.
    Some other similar artists; B-Complex, Feint, Hivemynd
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:58 pm

A chillout suggestion
    http://soundcloud.com/marekhemmann/arrow-bow-marek-hemmann-remix

http://soundcloud.com/marekhemmann/passengers
    I like electro too much
    http://soundcloud.com/mordfustang/milky-way
    Sorry I don't get how to make the youtube embeded window work.. The preview just shows an empty space so I guess I'm messing something up with the url Sad
    https://youtu.be/NJNBcnHffdE

https://youtu.be/g1UEr6oSHsU
    Something harder Razz
    https://youtu.be/FlP8kBGVDSs

I think D0DDY has the main vote as it will be his video. So if you like some of my examples PM me and I'll give more so that maybe we can chose the best of those I have
    ChickenBut4000
    ChickenBut4000
    New to the Family

Stars : 4627

Post  ChickenBut4000 Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:28 am

I like the last song Smile.sounds great for this type of video
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:56 pm

So we should start filming the video I guess. We need to think of a way to do it. Should we determine exact dates and times so that we can meet on the server and do a part of the video together or should we just try to give instructions and leave most of the work to D0ddy?

Btw here's a few more song ideas Razz

And Silus proposed this one that I like a lot:

Doddy
    Doddy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Doddy Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:25 am

Write down the maps/ builds that need showing.
    I'll do all the work (filming/editing)

Hopefully Skink will finish his lil build, so I can show some newer builds from lower ranks.
    SpooXter
    SpooXter

Post  SpooXter Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:44 am

K here they are once again...I forgot to check for any that I missed but whatever, will do it as soon as possible

Ze D0DDY maps (along with the d0ddy07rmx(communitybuild?))

Noodles' new builds

copper

silusspace

drama

rawwrhhisweird (i don't know who's it is so if we don't have permission we won't film it)
    cheesebeatsbydre
    cheesebeatsbydre
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4732

Post  cheesebeatsbydre Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Also: I know tajproj2 isn't done, but the exterior is, and it's an impressive-looking exterior just from the sheer size. If you want to add that in ( Sad pretty please), it could still work ( Sad pretty please) in the video.

( Sad pretty please)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:18 am