The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Italian Mafia

Before continuing it is recommended that you login, or register. This way you can experience the forum at it's fullest potential!

The Italian Mafia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Italian Mafia

This is a place to post about both of our Minecraft Classic, and Beta Servers!

Donations are no longer accepted, due to the current server status.
The classic server "The Italian Mafia" is discontinued. The maps are being transferred to Dramaslim, to host within the server Qube Foundry. The rules in regard to this will be made public soon. The site will undergo some changes to accommodate for the changes being made. I would suggest going to Qube Foundry for your classic server fix, and sticking with The Italian Mafia for an alternate game(s) that will be announced later. - Silus

+6
X
silus2008
Doddy
Coppermazov
Oceanpaw
Campeze
10 posters

Promoter Application

Campeze
    Campeze
    New to the Family

Stars : 4533

Promoter Application Empty Promoter Application

Post  Campeze Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi it's Camp jocolor

I'm applying for Promoter.

If you know me, you'll know that my standards are very high. I've seen a lot of builds in my time if not on classic then on my old server's equivalent creative mode map. And I have a lot of experience in admining bla bla bla...

afro

IGN:

CAMPAYZEE

Position applying for:

Promoter

Why do you want to moderate?:

It's all I know how to do *sob*

What do you think would contribute to the moderating team? What qualities and skills do you offer?:

Experience, Wisdom, Maturity, Funniness, Patience.

Have you ever disagreed with a mod's action? If so, what would you have done as a moderator in that situation?

Once upon a time as a young grasshopper, I found myself in situations arguing with mods because they wouldn't promote me for my average build. But now as an experienced mod and an admin the right thing to do is to say no and walk away. Don't argue, they will only argue back and issue an ultimatum if they continue.

What is one complaint or suggestion you have for the server?:

It lacks enough Campeze

What is one thing you think we are doing well?:

Not letting trolls and bronies and that crap be tolerated!

Are you willing to learn the commands?:

I already know the commands. Classic and smp. The classic ones need to be dug out deep in my brain but I know them.

What is x when 2x^2=18?:

Google it.

Oceanpaw
    Oceanpaw
    New to the Family

Stars : 4743

Promoter Application Empty Re: Promoter Application

Post  Oceanpaw Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Camp you first came on here the other day. we didn't like your attitude. and you are only a builder. designers can apply but not anything architect & below
    Campeze
    Campeze
    New to the Family

Post  Campeze Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:25 pm

/whois campeze
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4861

Post  Coppermazov Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Campeze wrote:/whois campeze

0 days, 13 hours, 54 minutes, ect. First logged on 2011-7-6, last seen today. We actually do tolerate bronies, though not being the dominant fad here.

You claim experience, and you're only three good builds away from designer, which shouldn't then be too difficult. Prove that patience is an appropriate descriptive term and I would be impressed. To my knowledge, activity and commitment in the present are held more highly than past credentials alone.

{reconsideration} Donating is more of a commitment than I would do. I vote yes.

Last edited by Coppermazov on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Doddy
    Doddy
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 13376167

Post  Doddy Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:59 am

Although these top two guys seem somewhat negative towards the application it is only understandable.
    From what we know you have a lot of experience as high ranking staff and that is what you enjoy.

There is few setbacks really, but one being an incident arousing something which happened in EK's server a while back, given that you admit you were "power-hungry" back then we would still like to; as Copper states; test your patience, which also means achieving designer and hopefully not taunting Khaos ;p

The decision will not be made on this thread; but between myself, Chef and Silus. That in my opinion is the fairest way given the circumstances.
    Campeze
    Campeze
    New to the Family

Post  Campeze Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:16 pm

I think I need to wait a bit and earn people's respect before I go any further.
    silus2008
    silus2008
    Admin
    Admin

Stars : 6212

Post  silus2008 Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:25 pm

I will vote yes, campeze seems mature and the community seems to really like her.
    X
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4759

Post  X Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:51 pm

Just bringing this back up as nothing has been done. (I think)

I vote yes.
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5054

Post  Dramaslims Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:12 am

X wrote:Just bringing this back up as nothing has been done. (I think)

I vote yes.

I never voted but I vote yes.
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:22 am

Even though there were several negative votes I trust you enough and I like you. I have promoted you to the rank of promoter.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:12 am

Dramaslims wrote:Even though there were several negative votes I trust you enough and I like you. I have promoted you to the rank of promoter.

The negative votes were from when she first made the app and was at the rank of builder. So mine wasn't really current.
    Blyssed
    Blyssed
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4787

Post  Blyssed Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:39 am

I vote no. I have a few reasons if anyone would like to hear them. Nothing personal or regarding character.

Blyssed
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Coppermazov wrote:
    Dramaslims wrote:Even though there were several negative votes I trust you enough and I like you. I have promoted you to the rank of promoter.

The negative votes were from when she first made the app and was at the rank of builder. So mine wasn't really current.

I see. Well i'll keep Campeze where she? is until I get some more information.
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Doddy wrote:Although these top two guys seem somewhat negative towards the application it is only understandable.
    From what we know you have a lot of experience as high ranking staff and that is what you enjoy.

There is few setbacks really, but one being an incident arousing something which happened in EK's server a while back, given that you admit you were "power-hungry" back then we would still like to; as Copper states; test your patience, which also means achieving designer and hopefully not taunting Khaos ;p

The decision will not be made on this thread; but between myself, Chef and Silus. That in my opinion is the fairest way given the circumstances.

I seemed to over look this. I do apologize. Like I said previously i'll get some more information before demoting. No major harm can be done at promoter.
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:57 pm

I meant that the other comments weren't quite up to date. I think she's proven quite a bit since then and I would cautiously support giving her promoter, though I don't have a good knowledge of what goes on in the beta server, where I believe she has more of an active presence.

In response to Blyssed, I would be very interested to know what reasons you have, and I think they would add to this discussion.

Last edited by Coppermazov on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5070

Post  markorply Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:10 pm

I don't even know if she is aware her application is being considered
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:40 pm

markorply wrote:I don't even know if she is aware her application is being considered

Probably not, I think she may be staff on the beta server, would it be useful to have her be staff here if that's the case?
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Camp is aware that I was considering her application. I like her and think she's reliable but I see that she might have a past. What do you think mark? I just left her at promoter because I didn't know where to go from there.
    Campeze
    Campeze
    New to the Family

Post  Campeze Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:51 pm

I'm aware that I have some history, some good and some bad but the longer you are around the more opportunity there is for things to go wrong. The most important thing is that I've learnt from the things that have gone wrong.

I have a totally different attitude from when I was playing a year ago, due to the guidance of my awesome owner on my previous server.

I appreciate the compliments that you guys have given me but If it's too much of an issue then I don't want to create any drama.
    Dramaslims
    Dramaslims
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Dramaslims Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:33 am

Campeze wrote:I'm aware that I have some history, some good and some bad but the longer you are around the more opportunity there is for things to go wrong. The most important thing is that I've learnt from the things that have gone wrong.

I have a totally different attitude from when I was playing a year ago, due to the guidance of my awesome owner on my previous server.

I appreciate the compliments that you guys have given me but If it's too much of an issue then I don't want to create any drama.

It's not a matter of drama. There's already plenty to go around on the server. I like you and you seem mature. Two big +'s in my book. You made a good first impression and I think that says a lot. Since the negative posts do seem to be outdated i'd say that with one current negative vote and the rest being somewhat positive it wouldn't hurt to give you the position.
    Blyssed
    Blyssed
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Blyssed Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:11 am

My concern lies in regard to your philosophy, campeze, on promoting. I am aware, from our conversation, that you do not believe that requesting a player to add to a build is logical in the promotion process given that each player has a different perspective on style and completeness. Of course, I am paraphrasing and would like for you to clarify your position and opinion, if you will, on this subject given that it directly relates to the position you are applying for. Thank you!

Blyssed
    Coppermazov
    Coppermazov
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Coppermazov Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:18 am

Blyssed wrote:My concern lies in regard to your philosophy, campeze, on promoting. I am aware, from our conversation, that you do not believe that requesting a player to add to a build is logical in the promotion process given that each player has a different perspective on style and completeness. Of course, I am paraphrasing and would like for you to clarify your position and opinion, if you will, on this subject given that it directly relates to the position you are applying for. Thank you!

Blyssed

There is currently a rather solid set of promoting standards in the "TIM staff guide". I'll maintain a positive vote here, but on the condition that she makes a well thought effort to follow them, even if there is some limited personal interpretation involved.
    cheesebeatsbydre
    cheesebeatsbydre
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 4751

Post  cheesebeatsbydre Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:57 am

Honestly (and I think that Camp deserves an admin rank), do we have a SPOT for another admin right now, with all the hullabaloo about cutting down staff? Just wondering

A.K.A. +1 vote, but only if we have room atm.
    Blyssed
    Blyssed
    Operator
    Operator

Post  Blyssed Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:56 am

Coppermazov wrote:
    Blyssed wrote:My concern lies in regard to your philosophy, campeze, on promoting. I am aware, from our conversation, that you do not believe that requesting a player to add to a build is logical in the promotion process given that each player has a different perspective on style and completeness. Of course, I am paraphrasing and would like for you to clarify your position and opinion, if you will, on this subject given that it directly relates to the position you are applying for. Thank you!

Blyssed

There is currently a rather solid set of promoting standards in the "TIM staff guide". I'll maintain a positive vote here, but on the condition that she makes a well thought effort to follow them, even if there is some limited personal interpretation involved.

I agree with your statement. Aside from the technicalities, I had a short, but good, conversation with Campeze before this application appeared, and I am impressed with his or her attitude and maturity.

Blyssed
    markorply
    markorply
    Operator
    Operator

Stars : 5070

Post  markorply Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:53 pm

personal matters shouldnt effect this so im ok with it
    although i am curious to know if campeze is active as usually when i see her she is afk and i am aware of timezone difference

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:21 pm